Strictly Buisness

Setting: 2009; Georgie has divorced his fourth wife-Tiffany for cheating on him, Missy is in a steady relationship & there's still no change in Bailey's condition...

     Georgie has been married for times now, and divorced for the third time-his third divorce being more recent; he had actually walked in on it happening too. He walked in on Tiffany cheating on him with none other than her older brother; the moment he found them, he went to the bathroom and threw up before calling the cops. Both Tiffany and her brother were arrested for incest and only visited her once in prison, so she could sign the divorce papers. The very thought that he ever like anything about her, now makes him sick to his stomach...

"Sarah!" He shouts from his office

"Yea doc?" She asks now standing in the door way of his office

"Have we found my new secretary yet?" He asks he with an aggravated sigh while looking through a mess of files for something

"Not yet sir," she tells him, "we've only had two applicants so far-"

"Names," he says in a bit of a snappy tone

"A Louisa-" she starts

"Last name?" He asks cutting off

"She didn't give one sir," she states simply

"Qualifications?" He asks her

"Little To None," she tells him

"Next," he says rejecting the application

"A Ms. Skylor Rivers," she tells him, "over qualified."

"Hired," he states straight out, "call 'er up, and ask 'er if she can start now," he adds as he continues to search through the mess and mutters under his breath as Sarah leaves, "Can't find nothin-"

     It isn't until about an hour later that a knock come to his office door as he is still looking through his messy office for something...

"Ya?" He asks as he continues looking

"Where should I start Doc?" Comes a familiar voice

"Y'all remember how ta file these right?" He asks her

"Sure do," she replies smiling

"Great," he states, "start there, and find me the..." He starts in thought, "the-the file of bank statements from last December, I need ta check somethin."

"Right way sir," she states as she starts getting to work, "I'm sorry to hear bout yer divorce-"

"I ain't talkin bout that at work Sky," he says quickly while typing on his computer and killing the conversation topic, "or ever fur that matter."

"Right," she says quickly, "Sorry..."

"Heard y'all were in the hospital last year," he sighs out, "was that from yer-?"

"Naw," she states simply, "or-Well, not the first time anyways," she adds as she slows down working to glance over at him, "the first I actually accidentally broke something while rock climbing," she chuckles lightly, "the second time, ya...it was my aneurysm."

"Missy told me ya quit workin fur fuddruckers," he adds as he finishes typing, "why?"

"Cause by that point I already experienced all the jobs they had ta offer," she tells him simply, "from: garbage disposals ta busboy, busboy ta waitress, waitress ta hostess, hostess ta cook, cook ta assistant manager, and assistant manager ta manager-" she lists off, "That's just what I do," she adds in, "I apply to a place, and work my way up until there's no more ladder left ta climb and then quit and move onta the next thing."

"That so?" He asks now leaning back in his chair and watching her work

"But after my little hospital scare with my aneurysm last year," she adds letting out a heavy sigh, "I decided that it's time ta settle down and find me a permanent job-"

"So why a secretary?" He asks her curiously, "why 'ere?"

"I don't know," she tells him honestly with a shrug, "Here's the bank statement from last December," she adds in cutting herself off as she hands it to him, "I just like the simplicity of it I guess," she goes back to what she was saying before, "and besides, I like it 'ere."

"Damn it," he says under his breath while looking at the file

"what's wrong?" She asks him

"It no wonder I ain't able ta get anything ta balance," he growls, "Tiffany practically cleaned me out with 'er shopping," he huffs out as throws the statement back to her

"What that mean?" She asks glancing at it, "is the store in trouble?"

"Not just this one," he sighs in frustration, "all of them; all nine of them."

"..." Skylor is quiet a moment as she glances over at him in worry, "ya know..." she starts, "I've worked so many jobs over the years...that I actually have a small fortune-"

"I ain't borrowin yer money," he tells her with another sigh, knowing what she's implying

"I ain't offering," she states

"What?" He asks looking at her confused

"My accountant has suggested ta me recently," she starts again, "that I invest my money in somethin-" she now looks over at him too, "I don't trust stocks...but I do trust you."

"Yer pulling my leg," he states

"Mr. Cooper," she states in a serious business type voice, "I would like ta invest in the Dr. Tire franchise," she states completely serious

"And y'all don't want nothin in return?" He asks her skeptically

"All I want is ta keep this current position y'all have hired me fur,"she tells him simply, "we gotta deal?"

"Glad ta do business with ya Ms. Rivers," He states holding out his hand, "how much of an investment are we talkin?"

"Just the money," she tells him with a smile, "I won't go round tryin ta change nothin, so don't worry bout that," she laughs as she shakes his hand, "I think the stores fine just as it is."

"That's good ta know," he chuckles lightly as their hands part from each other, "What'dya say I take ya outta lunch?"

"Oh, no," she tells him, "y'all don't have ta do that."

"Think of it as my way of thankin ya fur the investment," he tells her with a chuckle, "strictly business, nothin more."

"Well," she sighs out, "if y'all insist."