Siblings

Setting: 1986

"Bay?" Comes Sheldon's voice from behind her as she sits doing her homework

"I'm kinda busy at the moment Shelly," she says with a sigh, "can it wait an hour?"

"What're you doing?" He asks her

"My homework," she sigh, "I'll watch Star Trek or Wars, or whatever with you after ok?"

"I was just going to ask if you would help me with an experiment that I am conducting," he replies all serious

"...what kinda experiment?" She asks him cautiously, "nothin illegal I hope; last time the cops came and my eyebrows took months to grow back."

"I want to perform Schrodinger's Cat experiment," he tells her completely serious still

Now, Bailey isn't as smart as her little brother Sheldon, but her knowledge isn't as average as her other two siblings either; when it comes to school, she is a quick learner, excels in English and fine literature as well as in history and various different types of arts: music, drama, paintings, she even knew a few different languages. But that's where it stops for her, she isn't very good at math or science-her grade are just enough to pass. While Georgie is the athlete of their family, and Missy is...

"So will you help me?" Sheldon asks, "when you've finished your homework obviously."

"Huh," she sighs turning away from her homework once more, "You're my baby brother Shelly," she states with a warm smile, "you know I'd help you with just about anything you ask me to-"

"Delightful," he states, taking this as a yes and readying to leave, "I'll get the box, you can get the cat."

"Freeze!" She states as he reaches the bedroom door

"..." he stops in his tracks

"Turn around," she demands

"..." he does as told and look at her

"Come back over here," she orders as she summons him back over with her finger

"Yes?" He asks

"You're my baby brother," she repeats, "you know I'd help you with almost anything you ask me to-"

"I know," he states cutting her off again, "you just said this-" he goes quiet from her stern eyes

"But I'm not helping you murder another living being for a science experiment," she finishes, "pick an experiment that don't involve killing nothin-unless that somethin is a creepy crawly-otherwise don't ask me to help."

This answer does not make the six year old happy and he leaves the room in an angry huff, next thing Bailey knows, he is returning to the room she shares with Georgie and is dusting their room. She rolls her eyes and concentrates on her homework until he leaves again, but he soon comes back with the vacuum...

"Knock it off Sheldon!" She snaps at him as she turns off the vacuum, "I'm sorry that you're pissed I won't help you kill a cat, but throwing a cleaning tantrum isn't gonna change my mind! Just because you're a genius, doesn't mean you're gonna always get what you want!"

"MOM!" He shouts and Mary soon comes to the room

"What's goin on here?" She asks looking between the two

"Bay won't help me with science!" He tattles

"Did you ask her nicely?" She asks him folding her arms

"Yes," he tells her

"Why don't you tell her why I said no Shelly," Bailey states in a huff now crossing her own arms