Rock Climbing II

Setting: Mid April...

Bailey had been completely right about the entirety of her family (minus: Hyla, Carl, and Matilda) interrogating her the moment she and Elvira walked through the apartment door. But she didn't say a word to Sheldon when he asked, as well as remained quiet when her mother scolded her like a child. She answered everyone of their questions (minus Sheldon) as best she could and avoided calls from Sheldon's gaggle of friends as well as Barry-she just didn't have the nerve to possibly hear him reject her. Since the interview with Wil, she's spent her days cooing over Matilda, play with Carl and Hyla, and listening to her other family members go on about all sorts of things. It's while she sits braiding Hyla's hair in a series of braids in a combination of both small and large till it looks exactly like one of 'Lagertha the shield maiden,' from 'vikings'-Elvira and Georgie had never let the Hyla watch it due to the violence and blood, but her uncle Sheldon saw the show as educational for her-that Elvira comes for her...

"Bay," Elvira starts

"Hang on E," she tells her, "let me just finish 'er hair-"

"Remember ta Thank yer Aunt Bay," Elvira tells Hyla

"Yes mommy," she replies not really paying attention as she plays with simple wooden blocks with Carl

"And..." Bailey says as she ties off the last braid, "there, all done. Now y'all're a lil. Viking warrior," she says with a light laugh, "just too bad it ain't Halloween."

"Hyla," Elvira calls in a authoritative tone

"..." she glances back at her mother and aunt-not having realized her hair was finished, "thank you auntie."

"Yer mighty welcome," Bailey tells her

"Bay-Bay!" Carl calls from just across from Hyla

"What's up lil man?" She asks him with a broad smile

"..." he holds out some blocks, "build wit me!"

"She will later," Elvira tells him, "but she and I gotta go out right now-"

"I wanna come!" Hyla cries

"Me too! Me too!" Carl cheers

"Fraid not baby girl," Elvira tells her daughter, "her gonna spend the day with me and Daddy," she adds in, "and Carl, grandma and MeeMaw are gonna take ya out somewheres nice."

"Yay!" The two young children shout happily in unison as they abandoned the wooden blocks and go running off to another room together

"Daddy! Daddy!" Hyla calls as she runs to where Georgie is in the kitchen with great uncle Ed, "Daddy look at my hair! Look at my hair!"

"So where's we goin' E?" Bay asks her

"It's a surprise," is all Elvira tells her as she grabs her car keys

"Y'all know I ain't too fond of surprises E," she replies with a frown

"Funny," she says as the make their way to the car, "that was always my line as I recall it."

"It's really interestin' isn't it?" Bailey says as she stares out the window of the passengers side while they drive, "how much things 'ave changed."

"I suppose so," Elvira replies to her quiet, "but it's changed far more fur y'all than it has fur me," she tells her, "y'all were plunged inta the changes, where as the rest of us gotta ease inta it."

"Can't be helped," she sighs out

     They both go quiet as they continue the drive to where ever it is they're going; a random tune flittering about her mind as she stares out at the passing scenery. When they finally come to a stop, Bailey snaps out of her daze, only to find them parked outside the rock climbing place...