Tension

Setting: 1990; one year later, Sheldon is now a senior in high school, while Georgie is in his sophomore year...

     All is quiet at the dinner table as the Cooper family members (minus MeeMaw) eat their spaghetti and cut up hotdogs, all with their own thoughts. George's being of the football game that'll be on tonight, Georgie of the upcoming school game, Sheldon of which college he will attend next year, Missy of how to mess with Sheldon after dinner, and Mary: silently praying for her baby to wake up soon. The chair across from George empty since MeeMaw had a date, and the chair that once belonged between Sheldon and Georgie, now sits off in a corner-only used for guests, and otherwise forgotten. There are no pictures of the oldest Cooper girl out for viewing eyes to see, all her things never got unpacked after the move. All her things sit in boxes in the attic of Connie Tucker, with the exception of her clothes that were put to the side for when Missy would eventually grow into them...

"So how was everyone's day?" Mary finally asks with a sharp breath, "Missy?"

"One kid got expelled," she says not looking up from her food

"Dear lord," Mary starts with concern, "why?"

"He stabbed the teacher with a pair of safety scissors," she tells them simply

"Cool," Georgie says with a smile

"The hell?" George says

"George," Mary snaps at him

"What?" He asks looking at her, "why'd he stabbed the teacher?"

"I don't know," she shrugs, "he kept screaming about voices in his head though-"

"It sounds like he might have schizophrenia," Sheldon speaks in his usual serious manner

"Schizo-Wha?" Georgie says with a dumb, confused look on his face

"Schizophrenia," Sheldon repeats, "it's characterized by thoughts or experiences that seem out of touch with reality, disorganized speech or behavior, and decreased participation in daily activities. Difficulty with concentration and memory may also be present," he explains to them, "effects include: Behavioral: social isolation, disorganized behavior, aggression, agitation, compulsive behavior, excitability, hostility, repetitive movements, self-harm, or lack of restraint
Cognitive: thought disorder, delusion, amnesia, belief that an ordinary event has special and personal meaning, belief that thoughts aren't one's own, disorientation, memory loss, mental confusion, slowness in activity, or false belief of superiority, Mood: anger, anxiety, apathy, feeling detached from self, general discontent, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, elevated mood, or inappropriate emotional response, Psychological: hallucination, paranoia, hearing voices, depression, fear, persecutory delusion, or religious delusion, Speech: circumstantial speech, incoherent speech, rapid and frenzied speaking, or speech disorder," he explains further, the adds, "Also common: fatigue, impaired motor coordination, or lack of emotional response."

"That poor boy," Mary says, "I'll pray for his soul-"

"Prayer is hardly what he needs," Sheldon states, "he needs: Medications of an Antipsychotic: Which reduces or improves the symptoms of certain psychiatric conditions, and An Anti-Tremor: Which helps control tremor, shaking, and unsteadiness; Therapy, a Psychiatrist, and a clinical psychologist."

"Everyone need prayer Shelly," Mary tells him in a warning tone, "how was her day Shelly?"

"Tam ditched me for a girl," he says plainly as he takes a bit of his food, "but I'm not worried about it, he'll have seen let go by tomorrow."

"Ok," Mary says simply, letting it go, "George?"

"Uhm," he starts in thought, "need to take the truck in for some parts."