you have a nightmare

You shot up in bed as the nightmare flashed back through your mind. You reached out to make sure Hailee was still next to you and to your relief - she was. You didn't mean to wake her up but you accidentally did. "y/n? What happened?" You shook your head but the room was so dark you knew she couldn't see you. "Nothing, Hailee. I'm alright. You can go back to sleep."

She moved closer to you and put her hand on your back. "No you seem anxious. What happened?" You sighed deeply, laying down in her arms. "I just had a nightmare, that's all." She ran her hand up and down your back. "Do you wanna talk about it?" You shook your head, truthfully not wanting to talk about it because all you really wanted to do was forget about it. "Not really." You mumbled and she nodded her head, resting her chin on your head as she ran her hand up and down your back. "Why don't you try to go back to sleep? I'll be here to hold you the whole time."

You tried. You really did try, but after about thirty minutes of being wide awake, you were getting to feel a little restless. "Shh calm down. Do you want me to sing to you?" You smiled a little, the thought making your heart skip a beat. "I'd love that." She started to sing your favorite song in your ear, her hands moving up and down your back soothingly as she did so making you feel relaxed.

You closed your eyes and eventually fell asleep. Hailee looked down at you and smiled, kissing your head softly before whispering in your ear. "Goodnight y/n. Sleep tight." She fell asleep soon after as she held you in her arms. She felt so in love with your