Shards - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; Quinn-Imagines. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

------

Summary; Reader gets bad news about her family, and she breaks a plate, to everyone's surprise.

Warnings; sad? and fluff

Word Count; 1,814 words

Pronouns; Female

——-

It was supposed to be like every other day today. Keywords there, 'supposed to'.

The most you did today was help film a couple of bits with the guys. You helped out Colby come up with a new prank idea for his channel. Which turned out to be the murder prank, but a lot worse.

The plan was for that, was Colby was going to start complaining about you a lot more often, which would lead up to the prank. But all that would start tomorrow morning, so you'd be able to keep track of when it started better.

You filmed a farm bit for Jake in his videos. All you guys had dressed up as farmers again, and during the bit, your poor boyfriend nearly accidentally knocked you into the pool. Which wouldn't have been a big deal, the most you'd have to do is take a shower.

Luckily, he had caught your arm in time when he turned around. You were quite literally hanging over the water, which scared him enough to yank you forward. Jake was still filming, so when he looked back at the clip, it was perfect enough for a thumbnail.

And very last, you helped Aaron with a duet that he was working on. He seems to think that you have a great singing voice, along with the most of his fans. So, when they requested that you'd be in a video again, he didn't say no. And neither did you.

That was the only thing that had taken the most amount of time out of your day. Since you had to sing the same thing over and over, trying to perfect it, you'd messed up so many times, that you eventually lost count. Then, as usual, the one time it all worked out, turned to be the one you really needed.

Rolling over on the bed, you bump into Colby, who's messing around on his phone at the moment. He chuckles when you groan, placing your head against his arm, as you try to go back to napping.

"Having trouble?" He asks you, rubbing your back slightly.

You hum, nodding lightly, until you feel a buzz in your back pocket. Of course, you left your phone in the back of your jeans. Maybe if you had changed into Colby's sweatpants when he offered, you would be asleep.

After all, the jeans that you're wearing are tight against the legs, not as loose as you'd hoped they'd be when you first bought them a couple of days ago. But, it's not really anything to get upset over. You still technically fit into them, so your money didn't go to waste.

Reaching back, you pull out your phone, and then you place your arm on Colby's stomach, scrolling through the notifications you've gotten so far. It isn't anything that's particularly interesting, just messages asking about collaborations, or the next time you will hang out.

Except for the newest message, which is from your mom, that was actually delivered two minutes ago. You must've been in a trance, on the edge of sleeping so you didn't feel it in the first place. It isn't bad that you didn't feel it or anything, just means you were close enough to that sleep you desperately wished you had.

"'M gonna go get a snack," you murmur, Colby, removes his arm when you get up, "Want anything?"

"Do we still have saltine crackers in the pantry? I'll take that," he says, looking up from his phone to see you. And a smile comes over his face a second later, "You have bed head."