sign - Colby Brock

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, azurebrock.

Summary; ' I would like to request an Colby x reader imagine. The reader and Colby are neighbors and they both get stuck in the elevator and the reader believes it is fate and that them getting stuck is supposed to bring them together (love wise). However, Colby doesn't believe that it is fate but he tells the reader that she has to convince him that they are meant to be before they get rescued. Happy ending please and thank you. ☺️☺️ '

Warnings; swearing, its funny imo

Word Count; 1.2k

——

You had gotten up today with the mindset that you would be productive. You would go for a run, get a coffee, go grocery shopping, catch up on uni work, talk to your parents. The list was practically endless.

So, when you left your apartment two, maybe three minutes ago, jumpy and pumped to go for a run, you thought that you were invincible. You would go for a run around town, stop for a coffee at your favorite place even if you would be sweaty. You'd grab a glass of water, finish it, and then come back to your apartment for a shower.

The best part of all of that, was that you'd finally be able to take the elevator to get you to the bottom floor faster. After it had been broken for an entire week. This way, you wouldn't have to go up and down the stairs, carrying armfuls of groceries. You'd take the elevator and be done with it in a few minutes.

It should have been obvious to you. The elevator had just gotten fixed, why would you try and take it down immediately? You should have at least given it a few days, so if it was still broken, you wouldn't be the person stuck inside of the elevator. Unfortunately, you were lacking that common sense.

And now you're stuck inside an elevator with one of your neighbors. You're not bothered that he's in here, perse. You were the one that held it open for him so he could make it in time. You could've been an asshole and just let the doors shut, but you knew better.

You're bothered that he has the luck to not only be in it when it broke the first time–a few of the neighbors that you're close with, was saying that it was his fault. Mainly because he had jam-packed the elevator full of him and his friends, and then collectively used a single brain cell and thought that it would be a good idea to jump at the same time.

It broke, took a week to get fixed. And a week later, you would get on the elevator–right now–hold the doors open for him, and make it a floor or two down before it finally broke again. Like seriously, what are the fucking chances of that?

"It's a sign!" you say, Colby looks up from his phone.

He's already called his best friend that lives next door to him or something. The maintenance crew should be on their way, maybe even with firemen, you have absolutely no clue. All you do know, is that it's going to be a while before the both of you are out of here.

"What's a sign?" he asks.

"You broke the elevator the first time–" his face is already twisting, not happy at the accusation, but you continue, "And here you are, on it a second time with me! We're meant to be stuck together!"

"I didn't break it the first time," he protests.

You snort, tilting your head at him, "You really think that the landlord didn't send out notices? You're the reason why there's a 'no jumping in the elevator' rule now."

His face turns a little bit red, since you caught him so easily. Colby shrugs it off though, "I still don't get how it's a sign."

"Me and you, are meant to be together." you tell him, "I was going to be productive, but the world's got other plans."

Colby laughs now, "You're kidding."

"I'm not." you tell him, "I've been lacking in my love game lately, what about you?"

He shakes his head, "I don't know how you can talk about that so easily."

"Come on now, we're neighbors. I hear you screaming at your friends through the walls all the time. Your name is Colby, your best friend's name is Sam, and he's dating a girl named Katrina." You tell him easily, "By the way, she has really pretty blue hair."

"You hear us?" Colby looks apologetic now, "How much do you hear?"

"Enough to know your channel names and stuff." you tell him, "you're a youtuber, and I thought that would make you more charismatic but you're kinda..."

"Do not call me awkward." he tells you, "I'm not awkward."

You shake your head at him, "Not what I was going to say. The word is stand-offish."

"You think I'm unapproachable?"

Now laughing, you nod your head, "Look at yourself! Colby, you're kinda mean looking."

He scowls, "This is not how I'd think I'd finally get to talk to you."

You raise your eyebrows, "What was that?"

Colby tries to play this off, shrugging his shoulders and shifting on his feet. But when you don't look away from him, he realizes that he probably should've bit his tongue on that one. You're not going to back off, you're outgoing. You come off strong, and that's such a difference from everyone else he meets.

It's more... fun.

"I've seen you in the hallways before."

You remember this, "Uh huh, and?"

His face is turning red, "You're... doing this on purpose. How am I mean looking?"

"You're wearing all black, you've got the dyed hair going on. Expensive jacket it looks like, the chains and rings–but I wouldn't say so for the tattoos." You smile a little bit, "It's hot, if that's what you're going for. But if I saw you on the street I wouldn't go up to you and ask for your number."

He frowns, "You wouldn't?"

You shrug, "I bet other girls would, but I'm not that person."

"What if I asked for your number?"

You nod, "I'd give it to you."

"Your real one?" he asks, beginning to hold up his phone. You can see the contacts app is already open. He's dangling it kinda, almost teasingly, "Like right now?"

You hold out your hand for his phone, and he hands it over with a grin, "Not a very smooth transition, but I'll give it to ya."

While you're entering his number, he looks over the elevator slightly, "How long do you think we'll be stuck in here for?"

"Couple of hours at least." you tell him, "Get comfy."

"At first I thought it would be bad." Colby says, "But you're not as mean as I thought you would be."

You crack a smile, "That still implies that I'm mean."

He taps his chin comically, "Not that, I'd just say you're blunt is all."

"Now you're mocking me." you cross your arms, leaning up against the wall of the elevator, "But that means you like me. I've grown on you, admit it."

"I wouldn't say we're soulmates still."

"We could be!" you tell him, "We could go out to drinks–if you're old enough–"

He cuts you off with that comment, scowling again, "Shut the fuck up, I don't look that young. I'm twenty-three."

"Okay, you're just barely old enough." you laugh, "At least we're in the same age range. So, drinks, a date. But it can't be a movie because I have to get to know you better."

Colby nods, "We're on the same page there. We can go on a date tonight if you want, or rather whenever we get out."

You smile at him, "Sounds good to me. And by the way, it looks like I've got you pretty good on the convincing thing."