always will be - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; you and colby go back to kansas. and it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows.

Warnings; cry

Word Count; 1,445 words

Pronouns; Female

,

——-

"I was we rented a convertible," you tell Colby, barely offering him a glance as you look out your window again.

"Why? So we could get the fuckin' car wet?" he laughs, and you join in with him.

Your arm is slung out of the window, getting pelted by the rain. But you don't mind it, you missed the rain a little bit. So, seeing it now back in your home state isn't anything but comforting.

It's a trait of Kansas that you hadn't failed to fall in love with. If there's anything that you miss when you're in California, it's the rain. Since it doesn't rain as often as you wish it would, and you're normally just stuck with sunny days all the time.

However, it does give you the opportunity to watch Colby try and tan out in the sun all the time. Even though it's basically impossible for him. He has a better chance of winning the lottery, than he does getting tan.

Every single time you tell him that, he just calls you a bully and goes back to planning when he's going to do it next. It's hilarious, and you secretly love it when he does try and tan.

Gives you more time to ogle him. Not that you don't do it enough already.

"So I can let my hair flow in the wind, Colby." You look at him now, and he turns to give you a sarcastic look.

"You miss California already, huh?" he muses.

You scoff, almost offended that he'd say that, as you turn back to look out the window.

He isn't wrong, you're a little homesick. And you've only been in Kansas for about three days. Four more, and you'll be going back home.

Home sweet home.

California has grown on you after all those years of living there. You're considering just living there for the rest of your life. Throwing away the idea of moving back here, even though it's a thought that's been on your mind since you moved there.

You built friendships with people like Devyn, Mike and Xepher. Some people that you wouldn't even know existed if you hadn't moved there.

Plus, it's basically your main foundation for yours and Colby's relationship. Of course, coming back to Kansas gives you more memories than you can handle. Like when he'd asked you out, and all the little dates you two had gone on while you were still living here.

Colby might've asked you out in Kansas, but you two hadn't really started dating until you both moved to California. Everything truly resides back there.

"Yeah," you admit, and you can feel Colby's hand suddenly grab yours, "Miss our apartment."

He laughs, "That's all? Not the sunshine?"

"Miss that too I guess." You giggle, looking over at him, "At least I won't have to miss you too. You're right here next to me."

Colby's face turns a light shade of red as he turns away back to look at the road, "Always will be."