Third Piece (Part One) Sam/Colby/Reader

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; Quinn-Imagines. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; Sam and Colby thought they only needed each other until you came along.

Warnings; angst?? that's the word

Word Count; 1,016 words

Pronouns; Female

——-

The relationship between Sam and Colby hadn't really developed until they had moved to California together. After sharing that apartment for that long, something developed between them.

However, it was and wasn't official. Yes, they considered each other boyfriends, but there was also the fact they weren't just reserved for each other. The relationship was open, they could go and see other people as well, but at the end of the night, they still belonged to each other.

So, when they moved into the Trap House with the roommates, of course, they were a little nervous about their response, but they knew nothing would make them change their minds. And they didn't, the roommates didn't really care. As long as they were happy, then they'd mind their own business.

The other roommates had their own things to do, so getting up in the boys' business just wasn't on the top of their list.

Sam and Colby were happy with each other, and that's what they thought, especially after they both stopped seeing other people as attractive. It really started to look like it was made to just be them.

Until you stumbled along.

You're best friends with Brennen, mainly because you two had known each other since high school. You've helped him through his hard times, and he's done the same for you. Especially when it came to be breaking up with boyfriends.

There had been a couple of times when Brennen had to defend you from them because they just couldn't accept that fact.

However, unlike Sam and Colby, you and Brennen hadn't developed feelings for each other. You and Brennen were practically siblings at this point, his mother, sister, and brother thought of you as just another person part of the family.

Which means that Brennen practically has the automatic right to try and set you up with as many people as possible. He wants you to be set for life with someone, what he didn't know, was that it would be two people, and not just one.

Brennen knew of the relationship between Sam and Colby; however, he knew that they'd reached the point where they didn't care about other people. So, one night at one of his parties, Brennen had left you with them.

It was awkward at first, but the longer you stayed there, the more comfortable you felt. They'd gotten comfortable too because none of you bothered to move from your spots.

The longer you guys talked, the more your personality shone through, and the more that both of the boys started to doubt how they felt.

Maybe it was because they hadn't found someone quite like you before. Yes, they'd seen people and thought they were cute, but they never thought of dating them. But you were a whole different story.

The happiness that radiated off of you, and the fact that you were consistently curious about what they had to say.

To them, you were a perfect match.

But that also meant that something else would have to happen in order for their feelings to be settled.

Sam and Colby had to talk to each other.

Imagine a whole week, of the boys going back and forth on their feelings. They never stopped with the lovey-dovey stuff, because that hadn't changed inside of them.

It was like they were a two-man puzzle piece, and they thought they were complete until you walked along.

Colby is editing, one earbud out and hanging down, resting against his chest. His eyes are focused on the computer screen, trying to edit. But his mind is somewhere else, thinking of you.

Sam, is laying across Colby's bed, scrolling through your Instagram to see if you're dating anyone. To try and make himself get over you before it ends up wrecking a relationship he can't afford to have wrecked.

The longer Sam scrolls and doesn't find any hint of a significant other, the more irritated he gets until he eventually shuts off his phone and places it face-down onto the bed. Then, he places his head against the mattress.

The clicking of the mouse suddenly stops, as Colby can't take the thoughts anymore, it's eating him up inside, and he feels horrible. It's not like he's keeping a secret from Sam, but he feels like he is.

"Sam?" Colby asks, taking out the other earbud and turning to his boyfriend.

Sam lifts his head, looking over his shoulder, raising his eyebrows, "Yeah?"

"I have something I want to tell you," Colby runs a hand through his hair nervously, before sighing.

The tone of Colby's voice, let's Sam know that the topic is serious, so he pushes himself up and turns his body to Colby, "What's wrong?"

"Remember (Y/n)?"

And just like that, it all clicked for Sam immediately, and the sickness immediately hit Sam. Maybe Colby is going to break up with him, and Sam doesn't want that.

"Yeah," Sam chokes out, trying to mask it by nodding, "What about her?"

"I—I still love you but..." Colby trails off, and then he stands up, "I think I might like (Y/n) too..."

There's a moment of silence between them, as Colby anxiously waits for Sam's response. And he gets one, it's just not what he's expecting.

Sam's laughter bounces off the walls, as he stands up, going over to Colby, "Thank god, me too!"

After the boys getting to know you a couple of months later, you'd figured out the relationship between them.

They were dating, and it became plainly obvious when you watched them French kiss in front of you. You looked away of course because it was awkward, but it was a giveaway sign.

Then you started to second guess yourself, especially after a while of them hitting on you. Even in front of the other, were they dating or not?

It all came clear when Colby was finally the one to ask you, to go out with the both of them.

There was no way in hell you said no.

And just like that, you became their third piece.