idiot - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "can we have one where reader got into an accident and colby stays in the hospital for daaaysss with her and calls her an idiot when she wakes up and f l u f f" - star anon

Warnings; mostly angst, some fluff sprinkled on, swearing

Word Count; 1,286 words

,

——-

The day the accident actually happened, was one of those days where Colby thought that nothing could go wrong. Everything that could possibly go right, was. New merch release, he was ahead of schedule when it came to recording, and he was just chilling with friends. Ultimately, waiting for you to arrive so that he could really kick it.

You never did arrive.

Colby hadn't started to worry about the fact that you hadn't arrived until an hour passed the time you were supposed to be there. And then when you weren't answering your phone, it nearly gave him a heart attack. His mind wandered off to the worst corners that he never thought would happen.

The possibility of you cheating on him was the top of the list. You getting into a car accident was the least of his worries because you're always a careful driver. To think you'd get into a car crash would be like you joining a cult. Unlikely, and to never happen.

However, after another hour of freaking out—everyone tried their best to calm him down, you'd be at the apartment soon, they were sure of it—he finally got the phone call from the hospital. It'd taken so long for them to call because the place was overflown, and you were in need of constant medical attention.

When Colby finally got there, they told him that it wouldn't take long for you to wake up. That you should be waking up that same day, and that the crash had just knocked you out for a little bit. You'd be waking up soon, no need to worry.

So, he sat and waited.

All through the night.

And when the doctors kept coming in to see you, all a little confused on why you weren't getting up, they started giving you more attention than you were getting before. Brain scans were a constant, every other hour they were checking to make sure that everything was going on alright.

They'd eventually came to the conclusion that you were put into a mini coma. Which made Colby want to break down and cry. However, he waited until he was alone—Sam hardly wanted to do that, but he needed to go home for a shower, change of clothes, and some food. Colby sobbed his eyes out harder than he'd ever done before.

You mean so much to him. And just for something like this—possibly his worst nightmare, his own girlfriend going into a coma because you got into a car wreck—to happen is like... almost like his world crashing down.

The second day came around, Sam was still fueling Colby. And Colby hadn't gone home just yet. However, the nurses were making sure that he was still clean, and brushing his teeth and such. Not that he wouldn't, but they were just looking out for him.

By no means was the second day better than the first. Neither the third, the fourth... the fifth...

To Colby, it felt like it heart was getting torn into little pieces each time another day passed by. Watching you in that bed was absolute torture to him. Before you'd gotten into the accident, he thought that nothing bad could happen between you two. That it was always going to be smooth sailing with no bumps along the way. Since that's what it's been so far.

However, the sixth day, nearly a week from when you'd originally gotten into the accident, there was movement. It wasn't big, you weren't waking up by any means. But the doctors said that you'd be awake by the next day, and that was a promise. You were almost restless the sixth day. The movements were like you were having a bad nightmare.

Colby shifts in his seat, squeezing your hand slightly as he does so. His eyes are still focused on the phone in his hand as he scrolls through Twitter. Watching all of his friends interact. Occasionally, he'd go to indirects to see what people have been saying, and it's non-stop talk about what's happening to you.

Not a bad comment has been made about the situation, everyone is offering their prayers for you to get better faster. And they can't wait for the update that finally says that you're up again. Ready to get back to reality, and beat it up like you normally do.

Colby's about to like a tweet, when your hand squeezes back.

Almost instantly, Colby turns to look at you. To see that you're flinching slightly, but your eyes are slowly opening up again. As if the light is too bright to look at, and you'd much rather have it darker.

Setting down his phone, Colby then stretches for the button on the wall to call for a nurse. After the beep, he tells her that you're finally awake, eyes opening and everything. The nurse says that she'll be in the room soon.

Too quick, however. Colby doesn't have enough time to say a word to you, before the room is a little crowded with a nurse, an intern, and a doctor to try and a assess you. Get your condition down.

Your voice is a little scratchy when you speak, but you're able to speak like normal. Nothing has changed at all, except for the fact that the light hurts your eyes. Leading for the lights to be turned off while they were interrogating you. They didn't leave it at that though, because they opened up the curtains a little bit. So that you were at least getting a little bit of light into your room.

When they were finally done, and it was just him and you in the room, Colby really couldn't help himself.

"You're an idiot," Colby tells you instantly, making you turn to him with wide eyes.

You're in the middle of taking a sip from a cup of water. Trying to clear that gross, scratchy feeling in your throat. It works a little bit, but you still feel that discomfort that you first got when you woke up.

"Wha—that's what you say to me?" you pout slightly, "Come on Colby, I know you can do better than that."

There's a moment where Colby stares at you blankly, and then the tears that he'd been holding back for that entire week, spilled. Soon enough, your heart monitor was speeding up as you were so confused on what to do.

Eventually, you settled with scooting over so you could hold Colby. Or, the other way around, because his arms wrapped around your body tightly, pulling you to his chest.

"I love you," you tell him, holding onto his arm tightly, "I might've taken a week nap, but I wasn't going to leave you."

"I love you too," Colby sniffs, giving you a quick kiss on the forehead, "You had me worried for a second. You're never in a car wreck, and then the one time you are—I thought that it was the end."

"The universe is going to have to try harder than that, if it's trying to kill me." You remark, laughing slightly. Colby cracks a smile at the joke, liking the feeling of you back in his arms, making jokes out of the worst situations as you normally do. Trying to lighten up the mood.

"Did you meet god?" Colby asks.

"God met me," You laugh, placing your head against his chest, "And he told me a couple of secrets while I was there."

"Uh huh," Colby smiles down at you, "Like what?"

"Well..." you trail off for a second, before turning quickly to face Colby, suddenly tickling his sides mercilessly, "I'm the tickle monster! Muahahah!"