Boo? (Part One) Aaron Doh

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; Quinn-Imagines. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; Reader, (a ghost) finally reveals herself to Aaron after watching him for a while, and it doesn't go very well.

Warnings; a lot of build up, swearing

Word Count; 1,791 words

Pronouns; Female

——-

Back when you died, you thought you'd never be able to experience the same things that you had before. Especially since you thought that the whole heaven-hell debate would be solved right then.

Either you would be going upstairs or downstairs, with no option for an in-between like in the movies. That's just how you thought everything would happen, and you were gravely mistaken.

You died due to a car crash, a drunk driver in this red truck had slammed right into your small hatchback, killing you on impact. Or, what felt like it was on impact, you were pulled out onto the sidewalk by paramedics, where they tried to revive you.

To no avail, of course, that's why you're dead.

You watched in horror as they carried your mangled body onto the ambulance, and you were taken off just like that. There was no way you could follow, because like in the movies, you did go through things like you were mist.

Stranded, it would've been more than just impossible to follow the ambulance all the way to the hospital. On foot, you could've taken hours to get to the hospital, only to realize that your body had been moved again by then.

So, instead you were stuck where you died. In some rich neighborhood, that you've wandered around a hundred of times.

No upstairs, no downstairs, it was just like a purgatory.

You aren't lonely, is the good part about it all.

There are others, some your age, others younger or older, who have been hanging around the same places for hundreds of years. Making friends and greeting the newcomers to their fantasy land.

And what happens if you've been sitting around for centuries? It seemed all too simple for the little girl to explain to you, that you could give up and turn into real mist. Just like that, your life would be over, no longer would you have to wander around forever aimlessly.

However, you found it easy to entertain yourself, it wasn't like you were restricted to just being outside buildings. You could go just about anywhere.

At first, you'd just observe how others lived, watched as bonds formed between siblings, and how teens fell in love around you.

It all changed one day, when you were met with a gated house, and what felt like a black hole sucking you towards it. There was no way you'd felt anything like it before it, and for a while you were afraid to walk up to the house.

There would be times when the black hole was there, and other times where it wasn't. It would go weeks without having it pop up, and then it'd appear out of nowhere.

"They're playing with a board," the lady sitting on the sidewalk across the street informed you one day.

"A board?" you asked, hesitantly drawing your eyes away from the house.

"A Ouija board, to contact spirits,"

You knew what it was, and suddenly you didn't feel as afraid anymore. You thanked the lady, and off you went to go see the black hole, and who was messing around with it.