Thunderstorm - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; Quinn-Imagines. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "could you do a reader x colby when there is a bad thunderstorm and she tries really hard to hide her anxiety but Colby notices and there's lots of distracting and fluff <3"

Warnings; fluff, swearing

Word Count; 1,690 words

Pronouns; Female

——-

As much as you tried to tell people that your fear wasn't just going to be a phase, and that it was in fact in a very deep hole in your mind for the rest of your life, no one believed you the tiniest bit. They all thought that it would go away once you got older, because people grow out of their fears, right?

If you don't feed into them, then there's no way you can grow up with them. So, your parents did exactly that and ignored the fact that you were shaking and told you to get over it. Instead of feeding into it a little bit, and maybe getting you a therapist instead.

You wish you could be mad at them, but what did you really expect to get out of them, you knew that it was coming the second the words left your mouth. When you went for them to help and to confide in them, and they told you to get over it like an adult.

You were still a kid then, by the way.

So, you grew up with the fear of thunderstorms thanks to them. It's called astraphobia, and despite the fact that it could apparently be cured, you're still stuck in the same state you were when you were a teenager. Afraid of even getting near the doors or windows when there are thunder and lightning.

Granted, there has been a couple of times when you found yourself driving out in a storm and those times have not been pretty. The most you can do in those situations is grit your teeth, tensed up as you drive down the street, hoping that the house is just around the corner.

More often times than not, you've sped a little bit to get where you needed to go a little faster. Those times have been absentmindedly, and it wasn't like you were going a hundred down a forty zone. It's more like a sixty down a forty. Still bad, but not like you were flying down the street.

Anyway, nowadays when you see the rain starting to fall anywhere where you're at, you'll pack it up and leave immediately. Other times you would just wait to see how bad it would get, just to torture yourself. But after a couple of close calls, you've discovered that maybe it'd be easier to just leave as soon as possible.

It also leads to the fact where you'll check the weather every day at least twice to just make sure that it isn't going to be raining any harder than just a little drizzle. If it has the risk of thunder and lightning, you'll cancel on whoever you're supposed to be going out with that day, and just stay at home instead.

Today is one of those days—or rather nights—where you and Colby were supposed to go out for a date night sort of thing. Maybe catch some dinner and hang around at the beach despite the fact that the water is cold. You two never know, most of the things that you guys do on those nights are spur of the moments.

One-time you guys went to an abandoned building and ate McDonald's on the roof, and came right back to the house afterward. But that's beside the point.

When you saw it was starting to rain, you went and told Colby that it wasn't worth getting wet, and that you'd much rather stay dry and maybe have a date night inside of the house if he wanted. He agreed after editing, and that's how you got here, sitting in the living room, waiting for him to say that he's done.