cherry - Colby Brock

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, azurebrock.

Summary; ' i'm craving cute boyfriend colby content plss, ill literally take anything!!! maybe just him being all excited to show you his new hair or being with him when the gang got stuck in the elevator '

Warnings; swearing, FLUFF

Word Count; 1.5k

GENDER NEUTRAL FOR THE BOYS OF THE FANDOM

——

All Colby had told you was that he wasn't going to be home as soon as he wanted to be. He'd be at the apartment a little later than normal, and then he apologized that he was leaving so early. He'd wanted to stay a little longer, but there was something that he had to take care of.

You were fine with it, it wasn't that big of a deal. He runs errands all the time, as you do too. Sometimes you have to start real early in the morning to make sure that they're all getting done. While he's been gone, all you've been doing is editing some of your own videos, as well as his. Getting Reggie to do it is nice and all, but you need things to do. You're so caught up on YouTube videos that you watch Colby film his for fun.

He doesn't understand how you can be that far prepared, and honestly you're not entirely sure either. A couple of the days you just decided to film two videos a day just for fun. Which made it a little annoying, because now you really have nothing to do. You're not stressing over the fact that you need to edit the video in that moment so it's up on time for the next day.

But it feels good to have that weight off your shoulders. To be so prepared that there is no worry. And you really wish Colby would take your advice when it comes to doing that too. Film the videos ahead of time, or at first opportunity, get them edited, shiny and new for the following posting day, and then after that relax.

He doesn't stress as badly as you do. But he does like to spend hours on end staring at the computer screen, straining his eyes. You're not entirely sure how they're still inside of his head at this point. They should be so goddamn fried from sitting so close to the screen, but he manages to do it. If you were to do that, your eyes would start hurting almost immediately.

You've resorted to editing the videos for Reggie for something to do, you're so bored. But when Colby comes back, the both of you will probably head out of the house and hang out or something. Do something fun with your friends, or maybe just sit inside and cuddle for a little while. It's not like you have to go out of the house to have fun. The perks of being so far ahead is having so much time to do things now.

The both of you have been going on more dates because of it. Spending more time together and all that shit. If you two weren't close before, then you're sure that these past couple of weeks have definitely done it. It feels like you've known Colby since birth, rather than a couple of years. And it normally takes so much time to build up to that point. But here you are, feeling that way anyway.

You really wonder what Colby has been doing all day today. He left at nine in the morning, when he normally sleeps until noon. Since you guys aren't kids anymore, you all could really fuck up your sleeping schedule and still be able to make it work. So Colby getting up at eight to leave at nine is a little insane for you.

You were up by nine, weren't ready for the day or anything, but you'd seen him before he left. He was glad that you were coherent by then, because he didn't really want to leave without saying goodbye. He would have woken you up if he had to, but you did it on your own.

He left, you got ready for the day, had a bowl of cereal. Got dressed, said hi to Katrina when you went down to get your mail. Since she's hanging out with Sam all day today. She wondered where Colby was, you told her he was out today. Katrina felt bad so she offered for you to hang with her and Sam.

And then you told her you're not sure how much Sam would like that. Since he probably wanted to have alone time with Katrina and all that. She told you that you're being dramatic, but if you want someone to hang out with, they're obvious next door. After that she went upstairs, you got a couple of packages that Colby would need for his next video and went back upstairs.

You set the boxes into a pyramid, sat around doing nothing for almost two hours, and then you decided an hour and a half ago that you wanted to edit videos instead of wasting your time. It's nearly three now, you skipped lunch by accident but you're eating snacks to make up for it.

Speak of the devil, the apartment door opens, and you nearly get up to go down the stairs and greet Colby. Until he yells from downstairs that you need to stay at in the loft.

You sigh dramatically, "But I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too, we can go out to dinner with Kat and Sam in a bit if you want." he offers, you cheer slightly. This makes him laugh.

You can hear him setting things down downstairs, "Close your eyes, I'm coming up."

"Colby–" you complain, pausing the video as you groan.

"Both hands over your eyes! I want to show you something!"

You comply, and tell him that you're ready for him to join you, only a couple of seconds later. Colby comes up the stairs, you can hear every single step he takes up, and then he stops in front of you, turning you to face him.

"Sorry I was gone so long," he tells you, "I had to do a couple of other things on top of this."

"Okay?" you tell him, "I'm scared, is it going to hurt me?"

"No," Colby tells you, "Open your eyes,"

You do, and it takes you a second to look over Colby to find it, and then when you spot his freshly purple hair, your entire face lights up, "Colby, it's purple!"

Jumping up from your spot, you immediately reach for his newly dyed hair. He lets you play around with it, inspecting the color to see how much you like it.

"Does it look good on me?"

"What kind of dumb question is that?" you ask him, making him stand up fully as you back up to see, "You're as handsome as before. You should bring me along next time so we can dye my hair."

Colby smiles, "I'm down for that."

There's a noise from downstairs, making Colby's face light up as he takes your hand, pulling you with him downstairs to whatever had made the sound. He stops you right in front of the door, giving you a sheepish look.

"I couldn't resist, okay? Final surprise."

Colby throws the door open, and your mouth completely drops open. Colby goes inside, crouching down to scoop up the golden retriever puppy, before heading back over to you.

"Colby!" you can feel the tears well in your eyes as you pull the puppy into your arms, "What's her name?"

"Whatever you want," Colby looks proud, and you look at him, tears running down your face, "What's wrong?"

"I'm so happy!" you tell him, and he laughs.

He presses a kiss to your temple, before reaching over to pet the dog, "Wanna get lunch and watch a movie?"

You nod at him, and he smiles, before he bounces off to his phone in the living room. So many things have just happened at once.

You start heading over to the living room, bouncing the puppy in your arms, looking to Colby. He has this grin on his face, satisfied with the fact that you now own a puppy.

"I think we should name her Cherry," you tell Colby.

He looks up, "That's a cute name."

"I'm going to name our first kid Cherry."

"I hope not."