Stargazing - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "stargazing with colby and maybe you say your first "i love you's"? please i've been dying for this"

Warnings; Fluff!

Word Count; 1,000 words

Pronouns; Female

——-

Searching through the back of the car, your eyebrows draw together when you don't see the blanket that he supposedly packed. Which means that you two will be laying in the grass.

The grass that's filled with ants, spiders and crickets. Something that you most definitely don't want to be laying in.

"Hey—babe?" you ask, leaning down a little further to look underneath the seats to see if the blanket somehow got underneath there.

You're not sure if that's even possible. But at this point, you don't really care what's able to fit underneath the seats. You just really want a blanket.

"Yeah?" Colby asks, he's standing towards the back end of the car, probably looking out over the view that he parked you two on.

If you're being honest, you don't think you two are supposed to be parked here. Mainly because when you'd asked him about it, his response was, "I've done plenty of illegal things before. This won't matter."

Not that parking on the side of a road is illegal in any way. But he took a back road that's supposed to be scenic, you think. And there wasn't any place to really park at all.

What you're saying, is that you two are parked in the middle of the road, and you're just going to go sit off into the little space that there is next to the railing.

You saw it, and there's enough space for a blanket and maybe a cooler if you two were to have brought food up here for a picnic or something. However, Colby already knew what he wanted to do when he started driving you up here.

Stargazing.

The entire drive up here, he'd told you of the times that he's sat on top of the abandoned factory building roof in Kansas. How him and his friends would just sit up there and talk for hours. And a couple of times they just started up at the stars, lost in thought.

Colby took your hand after that, and made you look at him as he promised you that he'd take you there sometime. So that you two could sit up there, talk for hours and stare at the stars for a couple more after that.

A little dream of his. And he's excited to share something like that with you. That used to be between him and his friends, and expanding it to you.

"I don't think you grabbed the blanket," you laugh, carefully getting out of the car to look at him.

Colby comes towards the car, fingers dancing along the trunk before he finally finds the button. The trunk opens, and inside lies a bunch of junk, along with the blanket sitting on top of it all.

"Wow, you're a hoarder," you laugh again, and Colby snorts, carefully picking up the blanket.

"Moving, and all." He says, looking at you, "And YouTube. I'm a busy person."

"Very," you grin at him, and he rolls his eyes, smiling to himself as he goes over towards the tiny spot next to the railing.

He throws the blanket out, and once it settles, he fixes the corners a little bit. Then, he pats the space next to him, subtly telling you to go over and sit next to him.

You close the trunk, and then the car door, heading over to the blanket, "Know any stars?"

He laughs, and you sit down next to him, looking up at a couple.

"Sam and I used to play a game—" he starts, looking at you, "We named stars, and whoever named the most ridiculous one, they'd buy the other a candy bar or something."

"I'll make you order me a pizza out here," you joke, and he chuckles, "Alright, you go first then."

He thinks for a moment, "Dishwasher."

You laugh, "Seriously?"

Colby nods, trying to keep a straight face, but you can see the hint of a smile at his lips, "Your turn."

"Colbina Brocktina." You tell him, pointing to one of the stars, "Next to Dishwasher."

He looks like he's trying not to laugh, "How about Benadryl—"

"You're using actors!" You protest, and he laughs.

"Dishwasher is an actor?"

You punch his shoulder, falling back onto the blanket as you place your hands behind your head, "You're an ass."

"Your ass." Colby says.

"What about my ass?" you tease, and he turns to you with eyebrows raised, deadpanned.

"Seriously?" he asks.

You grin, "Seriously."

He shakes his head, looking back at the stars for a moment, "Next star is named 'your ass'."

"What about my ass?" You giggle, and he turns towards you.

Once Colby sees that you're practically drowning in your own laughter, he snorts before laughing himself. He can't help but to rub his face for a moment, before he turns away from you.

"I'm leaving." He says, moving to leave.

You sit up, grabbing his arm, still laughing, "No! Don't leave, I love you—"

You freeze the second the words have left your mouth. And you almost feel like curling up on yourself from how fast you recoil from touching Colby.

"Sorry—I didn't..." you trail off slightly.

"I love you too," Colby says back, making you look at him, "I love you to Colbina Brocktina and back."

You laugh, and he pulls you towards him, placing a kiss on your cheek, before moving to your lips. His arms are tight around you as he leans his head against yours.

"Glad you said it first," he says quietly, "I couldn't... even think—"

"I love you," you tell him again, pressing your lips against his afterward.

Colby hugs you tightly as he falls back against the blanket, making it so you're on top of him slightly.

It's quiet between you two, before he starts laughing again.

"What?" You ask, raising your eyebrows.

"I just—" he sighs contently, pulling you against him tighter, "I'm in love with you and the thought of you."