stretch marks - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "could you do one where colby helps the reader overcome her body insecurities like stretch marks and that her boobs are big" - anonymous

Warnings; swearing, fluff

Word Count; 1,429 words

,

——-

You like shopping. In fact, some would say that you're a little too obsessed with going out and buying new clothes. Whether it's for yourself or for others, you're always going out and buying something.

Sometimes, a new pair of clothes is just enough to raise your spirit. Especially when they fit perfectly and they make you feel more confident in your own body because they're so comfortable.

However, it's a little difficult for your size. Not because of what people would normally say, that you're "overweight" or whatever. That's not the reason why you care so much. People could talk about you being overweight behind your back for the rest of your life and you wouldn't bother worrying your pretty little head about it.

Why? Because sometimes you need to get over the fact that people are always judging you on everything you do. So, there's no point in trying to impress them when they're always going to be thinking that. You dress up for yourself, not some judgmental girl on the street.

You have to admit though, a lot of them give you compliments. Some outfits people like them can't pull off. And that's perfectly okay, because they have outfits that you can't pull off either. It all comes around as a full circle.

Anyway, being comfortable in your own body. That's all you want in life. Every single day, no matter what the hell you're wearing, you want to feel like you could stand in front of a ton of people and still feel like you're rocking the world.

The only weakness you have when it comes to this entire spiel, is bathing suits. Because you cannot fucking stand them at all. For so many more reasons than you're about to name, but here's the gist of it.

They show off so much skin, which might be the point but it makes you uncomfortable. To the point where you think wearing a wetsuit would be a better option than that. And in that case, you shouldn't even bother going swimming at all. You're basically dressed up in full clothing. You're sure you'll drown in a wet suit because of how heavy they are.

On top of that, since you're showing so much goddamn skin, you're showing off parts of your skin that you don't like at all. And sure, you could grab a one-piece bathing suit and call it a day. But you don't want to wear one-piece bathing suits. You want to wear two and that's a pain in the ass on so many levels.

The stretch marks that litter your body is practically the devil at this point. They're always being shown no matter what goes on. If you're wearing shorts, they're on the back of your knees. If you wear tank tops, they're on your upper arm. And if you take off your shirt, they cover your stomach and hips. Not to mention you're sure that there's much more than that.

Like the ones on your boobs too!

They're inescapable, and disgusting. And if there's one thing you would ever change about your body, it would be the stretch marks. Because you're sure that other people have them, they're just not in the dark red or purple color that you have. Leading them to have theirs a light pink or even some that match their skin tone.

All you're saying is, is that with a bathing suit, you're showing off more than you bargained for. And what are you getting out of it? The feeling of being uncomfortable and sad. When all you really want to do is go play in the water with the rest of your friends.