secrets out - Mikesdead

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "for example y'all are both seeing each other on the low and something happens at a party and everyone finds out and the reader kind of freaks out since she doesn't really do relationships but he fell for her." - anonymous

Warnings; swearing, fluff

Word Count; 1,606 words

,

——-

Parties are not your forte by a long run. They haven't been since the second you started to get invited to them, and you're sure that the opinion won't ever change. Especially if it started way back in high school when one of your friends dragged you along, just for the fun of it.

It's always the same thing. People go to the party to get drunk, or let loose or whatever—you're fine with that, that's their life—and the things you see from it aren't always pleasant. Like when people are puking into things other than a toilet. Like vases and potted plants and such.

It's absolutely disgusting, and you feel bad for the host that has to clean it up at the end of the night. Or the next day. At least then they'll be able to tell where the rancid smell of human throw up will be coming from. Or maybe not, because the smell will be wafting throughout their entire house by the time they finally get up the next morning.

On top of that, it's not like you actually trust any drinks that come from the party. Hello, if you wanted to get roofied, you'd go to some ragtag bar that's just barely on the outskirts of the city. For parties you're not supposed to worry about that type of shit, but it happens all the time.

And since you're almost always the only person that's vigilant and looking around at the party, you manage to catch people throwing shit into some girls drink all the time. Which makes you step in, and more often times than not, you also escort them to the Uber that you pay for out of pocket. Just so they can get home safely.

If they have friends that are also at the party, then you shove them all in the car together, or at least tell the person they're with before they go. Just so they n make that decision of if they want to go. And so that they're not freaking out when they can't find their friend anywhere at the end of the night.

Basically, mom friend. Which is a great title to hold at a party, if you may say. It doesn't get annoying after a while when people recognize you as that mom friend and expect you to look after them each time. Not at all, no sarcasm intended.

Anyway, the only enjoyable aspect that you do get out of the parties, is watching your friends try to flirt with the girls. Like Colby for example, and how he tries so hard, yet he doesn't at the same time. And yet he still has girls that do and don't want to be with him. Whether it's based off of status or not.

Not really sad to say, but at the en of the night, some girls are looking for the most attractive guy in the room. And others will settle for less, even if that means that the guy smells like literally puke an ass.

Girls are wild.

You're glad that you don't necessarily have to deal with all of that. The worry of a relationship or hooking up with people or whatever. The fact that the status of being 'taken' is a little overwhelming. All in all, a relationship—in your eyes—is a lot of work. And that men's you'll have to be there for that person.

You can be there for someone, just like you do with friends. But the whole... the stigma, that's it. It's just makes you want to curl up into a ball. Everything that comes with a relationship that isn't in a friendship, is mortifying to you.