Safe - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; Quinn-Imagines. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

------

Summary; While Colby and Reader are trying to film a prank, the reader's abusive ex shows up, and Colby is not happy

Warnings; Swearing, and abuse

Word Count; 1,190 words

Pronouns; female

——-

"What's up guys, it's Colby Brock," You start, clapping your hands and doing a smug grin as you stare at the camera, "Welcome back to my channel,"

"Why did you do that so well?" Colby asks, he turns to you with a shocked expression, "Have you been lying to me?"

"You really thought I didn't watch your videos?" You deadpan, he starts laughing.

"Maybe!"

"Anyway," you turn your attention back to the camera, "We're back, and we're going to be setting up a little prank for our roommates,"

"Since (Y/n) doesn't have a team, because she's lame—"

"Watch it, Brock," you hip-bump him, which sends him stumbling, "I can go a lot harder than that,"

"I wasn't prepared," he defends, but there's a smile on his face.

"We're going to be pranking the roommates by messing up their rooms a little, one by one. So, who do you wanna start with?" You ask, turning to Colby.

He shrugs, "Maybe Aaron's?"

"Oh, that's a good one," you laugh, grabbing the camera and starting over to his room.

The reason why you've decided to team up, was because you two managed to somehow end up at the house alone. Of course, you two could go out since your cars are here, but what's the fun in that?

Instead, what you can do, is prank the roommates, since they've been getting on your nerves lately, a lot. And the only person that hasn't is Colby, and you're not really sure why. He's the one that's been leading a lot of the good ones against everyone else.

Maybe it's because he knows that you're smarter than he is. After all, you've given ideas to Sam and Corey without anyone knowing. You think the only person that does know that you've been doing that, is Aaron. He isn't involved in any of it, so that's why you're not worried about it. Plus, he seems to be entertained by all of it too.

When you open the door to his room, you're greeted with Buddy, who's now standing up in his pen in the corner of the room. The poor guy is locked up most of the time, but it's for everyone's own good. Since he isn't potty trained just yet.

"I say we move his bed an inch or two, that way," you say, motioning to where his closet it.

You read somewhere that a person moved all the furniture off by a couple of inches, and their family was running into the objects for weeks after that. So, it isn't that really of a bad idea.

"And then after that, we should just switch things out of place," Colby laughs, placing the camera on Aaron's desk, "Help me with the bed?"

"Sure," you say, going over to the end of it, as he has the top half of it.

The bed moves easily, and just as you're about to rearrange his desk, someone knocks at the door, making you and Colby look in the direction.

"That's weird, someone leave their keys?" You ask, looking at Colby, before going downstairs.

When you reach the door, there's no peephole, which is a little disappointing. At your old apartment, you had one, so you knew when and when not to open the door. Had there been a peephole here, then you definitely wouldn't have opened the door.

Your heart stops when you see who's standing at the doorstep, even worse your throat clogs up. The word fear doesn't begin to describe how you feel right now.

"Hey, you home alone?" He asks, starting to come in, but you move in his way.

"Go away, Ryan," You say, glaring at him, "Now,"

"Don't be like this," he says, "I came here to get back together, just how you want, right?"

"No," Your face scrunches up as he gets closer, making you back up a little bit, "No, I don't, go—now or you'll—"

"Or what?" He asks, a grin spreading over his face.

"Who's here?" Colby asks, coming down, "You're taking a while..."

"Is that your boyfriend?" Ryan sounds angry now, he disregards his manners and pushes you back when he walks in.

"Woah—woah what are you doing?" Colby asks, "Why are you in here?"

"Ryan—get out," You say, slowly getting worried for what's going to happen now.

If Ryan is going to act the way he did to you, to Colby, then you might have to find the first aid. That's if he doesn't beat him to shit, he is a man after all. Ryan might not have been able to lay his hands on you very often, but he can sure as hell hit Colby all he wants.

"This is Ryan?" Colby asks, suddenly he's just as angry as Ryan is, "This is the piece of shit?"

"Colby—Ryan, get off of each other!" you say, going to intervene, but it seems as if Ryan hadn't gained back his dignity after all, as he backhands you.

Colby didn't like that, at all. One second it looks like they're slap fighting, and the next, Ryan is laying on the floor, blood coming out of his nose. You don't know how Colby did it since Ryan is a little bigger than he is, but he's managed to get him on the floor.

"Get the hell out of the house, or I'm going to beat the shit out of you," Colby snarls, "And you'll get a taste of your own fucking medicine for laying a hands on a woman like her,"

Ryan doesn't move, so Colby grabs the back of his shirt, easily dragging him out of the house. You're sure Colby is going to drag him to the street as well until Ryan finally gets himself up. But he's still escorted to the gate.

Colby comes back inside of the house, rolling his eyes until he shuts the door, then after that, he places a hand on your cheek, the other on your jaw to tilt your head so he can see your cheek better.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let you get that close," Colby says, frowning as he rubs his finger over the spot, "Does it hurt?"

"No, I didn't even really feel it," you say, but don't elaborate on why. Because you've had worse from him.

Colby sighs, "I guess now's the time,"

"Time for what?" you ask, confused until his lips press against your slowly.

He holds you there for a second, and when he pulls away, his face is a little worried, "I like you,"

You laugh slightly, "Really? I couldn't tell,"

"Shut up," He says before he presses his lips against yours again.

When you two are done, he pulls you to the living room to calm down in there. But you already feel calm, and safe.

His arm is around your waist, as your head is against his shoulder.

"I'll always be here for you, (Y/n)," Colby says, you smile up at him, "I won't let that happen again,"

"I'm just glad you were here in the first place," you say, and he kisses you again.

Safe.