performer - Mikesdead

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "mike has a concert and you end up working behind the scenes and while setting up he can't keep his eye off you when colby comes h notices he's a bit love struck so he helps him get a date with the reader" - anonymous

Warnings; swearing, fluff

Word Count; 1,388 words

,

——-

To be fair, coming into this industry wasn't necessarily a first choice. If anything, you would have rather became the person on the stage. Instead of setting it up for someone else to show off their skills to their thousands of fans.

And then the first time you actually took charge, back in high school as the lead, you got through the three plays alright. But the amount of anxiety before and after a show was enough to give you a heart attack. You performed fine, and your teacher even thought you were great.

But you couldn't do it again, not after that. So, instead you decided to just settle for less, and something that you already know. And that's setting up microphones and such to shows for artists. And god honest, it's fun to do.

"(Y/n)! Test out the microphone!" Macy yells to you.

"Sing the national anthem in Spanish!" Jason adds, making you turn to them with a glare.

You turn to the microphone, turning it on and holding onto the stand as you start to sing Stitches from Shawn Mendes. They adjust the volume while you sing, making sure that it sounds good.

While they're in the middle of that, what looks like the artist and a couple of other people come in. You hold up your hand as a wave.

"We're all good! Thanks for the test!" Macy calls, "Now to fix the damn lights—"

"I thought the owner dude said that there's LED lights, we just have to find them," you look at Macy and Jason to see that they're thinking about it.

You turn to look at who walked in, and they seem to be talking real quick. What about? You don't care, but you're about to disrupt them to make sure that it's the artist. So you guys can get this done properly.

"Are you sure LED lights are the best way to go?" Jason asks.

"Look above us!" You motion to the ceiling to show that there's no colored lights, "Unless you want to go find a ladder and then replace all the bulbs, then I don't know what."

"Is that the dude?" Macy asks.

"Hold on," You tell them, walking up to the small group of people.

They seem to be talking about how they want to set up, and do during the break in between songs, "Hey, who's going to be performing tonight? I'm managing backstage and we need the opinion."

"Uh—that's me," a male says, offering you a smile.

"Mind if my team and I steal you for a second? You can go right back after," you ask, smiling back at him.

He shrugs slightly, waving, "I'll be right back."

After that, you two get up on top of the stage, "I'm (Y/n), by the way."

"Mike." He says, holding out his hand.

You shake it, and then you motion to Macy and Jason, who have their heads stuck into the closet. Probably trying to make each other go in before themselves. But that's clearly not going to work. And since Jason is an utter weenie, Macy is going to end up going in first.