Uncle Sam - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; Quinn-Imagines. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; Colby and Reader have a son.

Warnings; none

Word Count; 1,152 words

Pronouns; Female

——-

Two years ago, when you had first told Colby you were pregnant, you thought it was going to be the end of the world. Simply because, you two were young, and it seemed as though neither of you were ready for it.

However, Colby had managed to react better to the surprise than you somehow.

That afternoon you were sitting in the apartment bathroom—the one he still had with Sam—staring at the pregnancy test clutched tightly between your fingers. Even before you'd taken it, you didn't want to know the results.

But you knew that you had to know, and Colby had to know too.

He wasn't at home, he was out of the house with Sam, eating lunch with Brennen and filming a video that you didn't listen about. Your mind was on repeat with the thought that you might be pregnant.

You'd told Colby how awful you'd been feeling lately, and he saw how bad you'd been getting lately. So, reluctantly he left the house to hang out with friends, while you fished out the box of pregnancy tests from underneath the bathroom counter. A place he hardly goes to.

It took a good hour before you'd even taken it, holding onto it wherever you went, and every time you were on the verge of going—you'd fall right back into an anxiety loop. Ultimately, chickening out even if you didn't want to.

The second you'd got the text from Colby that he was going to come home soon, you finally went to the bathroom, and sat on the toilet seat anxiously, fingers crossed that it would turn up negative.

Obviously, it didn't.

You cried, harder than you'd ever cried before because you thought that Colby would leave you. You knew with all your heart that you wouldn't give the baby up for anything, but you weren't sure about Colby.

He came home, a grin on his face as he presented you with your favorite food. But that smile dropped fast, and he thought he'd done something wrong.

You didn't even say anything, and handed him the test, eyes still watery with tears.

"Oh," he said, looking at it for a couple of seconds longer, before it dawned on him. Then the biggest grin that you'd ever seen crossed his face, "I'm a dad!"

His arms wrapped around you, and he cheered you up immediately, telling you that he couldn't wait to have his own kid running around an apartment.

"Just wait!" he laughed, planting a kiss on your lips sloppily before spinning you around in his arms again, "Imagine when they're older—"

Sam came home that night, and there were a ton of balloons all over the floor, some streamers and a cake on the counter. For a second, he thought he'd forgotten your birthday, but when the news reached him, he couldn't help but to celebrate too.

It was big news for you guys.

And now, here you guys are, sitting in the house with the rest of the roommates. Despite having a child, they still let you guys join in on the house action. Which was nice of them to do.

It was a discussion between you and Colby for a while on whether or not you should just move in by yourselves. But then that thought scared you guys a little bit because that means your jobs would be conflicting, and that Cayden would have a babysitter a lot of the time.

Now you guys have a couple of them for free. And someone is always at home, even if it's just one person.

Keys jangle at the door, making Cayden's head pop up from the coloring book that he was focused on a couple seconds prior. He drops the crayons, and gets up instantly, before wandering out of the living room a little bit.

He sticks his head out of the doorway, and when the door opens, he takes off.

"Don't run—" You protest, getting up to follow him.

The last time he started running to Colby, he'd fell over and gotten hurt. So, you're not looking forward to another trip to the hospital.

"I got him!" Colby says, and when you take a step into the hallway, you see that he's holding him.

Sam, coming in right behind Colby, grins at Cayden, "What's up little dude?"

"Hi,"

"How was the apartment?" You ask, Colby sighs dramatically, adjusting his son in his arms.

"First of all, expensive, and not worth the price,"

"Still small? Didn't it say it had two bedrooms?" You ask, leaning against the doorway.

"They lied," Sam chimes in, "Basically, about everything,"

"That sucks," you frown.

Colby shrugs slightly, before he cocks his head in the direction of the stairs, "Gonna go take a nap or something, join me?"

"I guess," You laugh, "I'll be up in a second,"

"Sam—" Cayden struggles slightly, and Colby sets him down.

Colby heads upstairs, while you clean up the mess downstairs that Cayden had ended up making while you were hanging around. Everything is thrown into the toy bucket by the television, just so they don't have to be transported up and down the stairs.

"Buddy, I'm not sure how your mom is gonna feel about me giving you some treats," Sam say, a second later he adds, "Don't give me the puppy eyes..."

Walking around the corner, you're met with Cayden holding onto Sam's leg, pulling on the fabric slightly to get his attention. When Sam looks at you helplessly, you shrug and smile.

Sam gives in, and then Cayden goes over to you, knowing that it's time to go upstairs. You give Sam a wave, before heading to the room. While going up, your son snacks on the chocolate in his hand.

"Yeah, you're a little spoiled, aren't you?" You laugh, opening the bedroom door.

Colby is laying on his back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He looks over a little, before setting his head back down.

"I see Sam couldn't say no,"

"When can he ever?" You retort, shutting the door and then collapsing on the bed next to your boyfriend.

Cayden sits between you two, chocolate covering his face, more than his hands. You grab a wipe that's by the bed, cleaning him off a little bit, and then you close your eyes.

"Come here," Colby says, grunting slightly, "You're getting heavy, when did that start happening?"

"Sam," is all you say, and Colby laughs to himself slightly.

You listen as they adjust, and your head falls off to the side. When you open your eyes, you're met with Cayden laying on Colby's chest, eyes closed and probably pretty close to passing out.

One of Colby's hands are on his back, while the other slowly snakes around your waist, pulling you closer to them.

"I love you," Colby mutters.

"Love you too, Colbs."