wired - Jake Webber

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "jake sees the reader while doing a wired video he's dressed funny making a fool of himself he notices her laughing at him and takes it as his chance to go talk to her maybe get her number" - anonymous

Warnings; swearing, fluff

Word Count; 1,208 words

,

——-

You've seen some pretty ridiculous people come into the studio for an interview. But since you guys mostly get actors, they're always looking their best. Meaning, they're not looking forward to making themselves look like idiots in front of a huge audience.

But in this case, this guy clearly doesn't care. He's dressed up as a knight from the medieval times, holding a sword out with a huge grin as he looks around the room. Mostly talking to your producer, who's telling him the directions on what he's going to be doing the entire time.

He's clearly listening, but he also looks a little lost in his own world as he moves the sword around. Pointing it at a couple of people, until the friend he brought with him, finally takes the sword. Telling the guy that he needs to pay attention and that it's pretty important.

He brings out a smaller plastic knife though, waving it around for a second as he taunts the other guy. And then, he throws it across the room, nailing his friend in the head.

Laughter bubbles out of him, and the other guy holds up his middle finger.

"Jake, are you ready?" your friend asks, readjusting the camera for a second. And then, she looks up with a smile.

"Yup," Jake says, fixing himself on the chair before he holds two thumbs up, "I'm ready as I'll ever be."

"Alright, (Y/n), give him the board."

You pick up the first one, holding it carefully so you don't accidentally mess anything up. Although, you hardly doubt that it'll be that easy for something to peel off. Especially not after the hours spent making sure that they were perfect.

Last night, there were at least three of you going in and fixing the boards since the person before you guys had made it all wonky. And since they weren't in the studio this morning, it was up to you guys to fix it. It wasn't a hard job, but it was tedious for sure.

It would've been much easier if the person before you had actually taken their time when it came to putting the stickers on the board. Then, they wouldn't peel all wonky and overlap each other.

All you're saying is, is that whoever did it should be talked to. And then maybe never put on board duty before. Like come on, it isn't that hard to do! You did it once, and it was probably the easiest task you've had so far. There's much worse things to do in here.

For example, the editing. You're glad that you have absolutely nothing to bring to the table in that sense. Because if you did, then that means you'd be rotating into that job too. And to be quite honest, getting over an hours worth of footage and then editing it has to be annoying. Cause you have to sit there, watch the entire video and then go back sometimes to clip it at the right moment.

The only experience you have with editing it iMovie a couple years back. But that was for a dumb project that your friends had you put together. Besides that, you've never done actual time editing.

Anyway.

You hand the board over to Jake, smiling at him and then telling him how to do it properly. He gives you a wink when you're done explaining, and tells you that he'll try not to mess up. But the clothes he's wearing is a little bulky and prone to mistakes.

"That's why I told you not to wear it," his friend says.

"Shut up, Sam," Jake laughs, "I'm busy getting interviewed over here."

As time went on with his interview, he got the hang of it when it came to things. When one board was finished, you'd bring him another. And there would most definitely be a different comment as you handed it to him. Like him asking if that's the end of it, and 'how many more are there?'.

It was all in good fun, you can definitely tell that much. He didn't mean it at all, and he said that you guys might as well keep the boards coming, because he could make a comedy routine off of them.

He's not wrong, the jokes he makes aren't that bad. It has mostly everyone inside of the studio trying not to laugh, but it's like that's his goal, because he just kept going when it came to the jokes. It's almost like he already had them planned, but there was absolutely no way that he'd know what would be on the board.

After every joke came a laugh of his own as he looked over the board, and then to you guys. The crew that're just watching to make sure that everything is going smoothly. Jake's friend seemed to be satisfied too, now sitting on a stool as he laughed along to the dumb jokes.

"What is..." Jake trails off for a second, peeling the sticker as he squints at it, "What the fuck?"

You have to squint a little bit to see the question. But it's asking about the color of his underwear. And since you haven't seen that one before—on any of the WIRED videos—you start laughing, having to turn around and walk off a little bit so you're not taking up the whole audio of the video.

Jake seems delighted with himself after watching you walk off to laugh. When you come back, he's done with the video. And they're cleaning up, trying to get all the little sticker pieces off of the floor. Since you've came back though, they move aside to let you do the rest. Which you're not really bothered about.

However, it seems as though he's kind as much as he is funny. Because he leans down to help you with the trash, tossing it in the bin, "Hey, were you the one that put the underwear question on there?"

You laugh, shaking your head as you look back at him, "Not at all. Did you do it?"

Jake makes a face, tossing the rest of the trash into the bin before the both of you get up, "I don't think so."

You crack a smile, picking up the bin, "It was nice meeting you, Jake. Maybe you'll come back for another interview in the future."

"Wait—" Jake says, stopping you from walking away, "Can I get your number?"

You raise your eyebrows, a little surprised that he's asking. And with that look, he quickly adds; "I just think you're really nice and I'd like to get to know you more."

"Not so I can look at your undies?" you laugh, and he does too.

"No, not at all... unless?" he asks, making you shake your head at him.

"Sure, let me just get rid of this and then I'll grab my phone," you smile at him kindly.

As you're walking away, you can clearly hear him try to whisper to his friend about how excited he is. However, it's clearly not whispering if you can hear it.

A smile spreads over your face, nodding to yourself at the thought of going on a date with him.