anniversary - Sam Golbach

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, azurebrock.

Normally when it comes to anniversaries, it's always the guy that goes out of the way to go pick up flowers, and chocolates and everything imaginable for the person they're dating. Maybe it's more candy, stuffed animals, soft blankets, favorite movies or books. No matter what it is, they'll lead a whole line of roses right up to the bedroom and morph them into a heart on the sheets.

First of all, you're not entirely too sure on who came up with the idea of it being on the bed and not the floor, but you went along with it anyway. Knowing that it would be more traditional, but you were a little curious on how Sam might feel to see the rose petals scattered on the floor instead.

Anyway, normally it's the more masculine figure of the relationship doing all that stuff. And in this case, that would be Sam. However, you decided that you'd much rather do something new than follow the trends of other people. Not because it's all bad ideas, but you'd like to show your gratitude once in a while.

Funnily enough, yours and Sam's anniversary just so happens to land directly on Valentine's Day. Which is because you were the one to ask him out that day. Did the cheesy stuff of asking him to be your valentine. Obviously his answer was yes, later that night you asked him to be your boyfriend, and just like that, you two were two peas in a pod.

So, Valentine's Day just happens to be your favorite day of the year every year because of this. It's your anniversary, you and Sam can cuddle up in bed for a while—not just cuddling of course—and maybe go out to dinner. Doing all the fun stuff before the day is over.

And normally it's Sam enabling all of this, not you. For the past couple of years he's been the one to pay for dinner, and the treats, and presents and flowers and whatever else you would want on the anniversary. Of course you're giving him things in return but when it comes to you two going out of the house, he's paying.

Once again, you're going to spin that on his head, and you have already. This morning you gave him breakfast, his absolute favorite. He was a little confused on how you managed to make all of the food without making it sound like an entire parade ran through the kitchen. There's just times you can be quieter than he can, whether he wants to acknowledge that or not.

You were the first to give him his gifts. Watching as his face turned a good shade of red while you ate your own breakfast. He stuttered over his words and struggled to speak. Eventually you got your own gift, which had everything that's been mentioned earlier.

You told Sam that whatever he wants to do, you're totally down for it. He suggested a movie in the afternoon, get lunch, and then head down to the beach or something. After that he insisted you choose what to do, he didn't want it to be a day based all around him.

You chose where to get dinner and then the second to last activity of the night would be to go and watch the stars. Hopefully you can guess what the actual final act of the night will be.

And so that's what you did. You saw a movie with Sam, buying the tickets and then snuggling into his side when you watched. He had his arm around you the entire time, like he was afraid thay you'd disappear or something.

After you went to Tender Greens and met up with Colby, Jake and Tara briefly. Just to mix in your friends a little bit. You surprised Sam a second time when you paid the bills for lunch, not even blinking at the number.

And now here you are, at the beach with your unbelievably pale boyfriend. There's a thin layer of sunblock on his body. But you're not sure if that's going to help him against the sun rays. He's going to burn and your boyfriend will be as red as the petals.

Sam looks to you, apparently done with apply the lotion as he gives you a smile, "Ready to get tossed?"

"Sam fucking Golbach don't you dare!" You squeal, but he still picks you up.

He walks you right down to the water, and you stop struggling as soon has one of his feet hit the water. Instead you opt for wrapping your arms around him as tightly as possible. Making it hard for him to pry you off unless he wants to go under too.

"You think I'll care," he laughs, your eyes wide as he starts to fall backward. You try to push yourself off in time but his arms are locked around you now.

The both of you are submerged almost immediately. He lets you go as soon as he's sure your head is in. When you resurface, he's right there in front of you.

"You suck!" You laugh, punching his arm.

Sam pulls you into him, pressing a kiss to your lips, "Happy anniversary. Love you too."

You laugh before kissing him again, "This calls for a water fight."

"I'm going to win!" He cheers, pushing yourself back. You stumble and fall, "See?"

"Oh, you're going to get it now!"