daycare playdate - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "reader and colby are both single parents to toddlers and meet at daycare." - anonymous

Warnings; swearing, fluff

Word Count; 1,584 words

,

——-

The only day you ever get off from work—besides the weekend—and it deals with going to daycare with your daughter to play for the day. Since the daycare had set this day up just in case parents could go.

It's like some days in preschool when parents go in with them, you guess. You wouldn't know though, you've never been to preschool. But you're sure it's something like daycare to a certain extent.

Thanks to your boss, you got this day off. Kind of him to actually realize that you have a kid that you'd like to take care of some of the time. But you know he knows you have a kid, since that's why you can't stay at work past a certain time. But that doesn't mean he doesn't work you to your limit anyway.

Anyway, this will be a perfect chance for you to actually check out the daycare while everything is in action. Since you've been thinking bout moving to another one that's closer to your house. But after you've been with this one for a couple of months, you're not really sure if it's worth it. You know the staff here, so you're more comfortable. But sometimes you gotta do what you have to.

If you were to move to the other one, then you're sure that a lot of things would change. And you're sure that Lily would most certainly throw a fit, because she's made friends here. And you understand that fully, so that's why you're also on the fence about moving from one to the other.

Lily will make new friends, you're not really concerned about that. But you are if the staff is treating the kids correctly. Cause sometimes at daycare things aren't always as good as kids are giving off. Staff tends to get frustrated and abuse the kids because of this.

Which is traumatizing, and to have someone else punish your kid is disgusting. It's your job to do it, the only thing that are allowed to do here is time-out. That's really the only thing you gave the a-okay to. Not like Lily would ever get in trouble like that.

This may be the first time you've had a kid, but that doesn't mean you won't raise her correctly. Raise her the way you were, so that she won't end up as a brat. A kid like that would end up making you mad, and just frustrated with yourself. That's why you're taking things slowly. Because you're the only one raising her, and to have an only child gives the opportunity of making the kid spoiled.

You'd much rather raise her alone, because things will turn out better without her dad in the picture. You could go on all day about how much of an asshole he is. But you'd rather not get yourself mad just before you walk into the daycare.

All you'll say about Ryan, is that he's an ass. And you're glad that he went off to his bimbo girlfriend. May she find a way out of his toxic grasp sooner rather than later. Because before she knows it, she's going to want a way out. And you're thankful for the opportunity that she gave you.

Ryan thought that he was so smug with leaving you, but the joke was really on him. In the end, you won in the situation more than anything. Of course, you now have a daughter, but you can always get full custody over her—you're more stable financially than he is—and yo can file for child support! That douche has literally placed himself in a bad spot, and it's all of his fault. You didn't even have to raise a finger and he's backed himself into a corner.