Turn of Events - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; Quinn-Imagines. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

------

Summary; Colby breaks up with the reader but the reader is pregnant.

Warnings; none :)

Word Count; 1,620 words

Pronouns; Female

——-

You stare at Colby as he continues to go on about your guys' relationship. Every couple of seconds, he'll run a hand through his hair, as if that's a way to calm him down.

He won't keep eye contact for more than a couple of seconds. Mainly because he's partially pacing, walking towards his computer area, before walking back over to where you're seated on the bed.

One of your legs is crossed beneath the other. The leg that isn't crossed is hanging over the side of the bed. A ready escape route if you feel as though you can't handle his rambling anymore. Which won't be the case, you know you have to sit through this, even if it pains you to know that this could've been solved if he told you earlier.

One point after another leaves his mouth. Things that you find stupid, and ones you understand, and some he even does himself. But not once do you interrupt him, letting him get his emotions out.

He isn't plagued by toxic masculinity like some other men are, he isn't afraid to show you how he feels in certain situations. But long-time things, it looks like he needs to work on, all simple solutions if he'd taken the time to tell you.

"Are you even listening to me?" he asks, stopping in front of you.

"Yes, I am," You say calmly, even though you feel like crying yourself.

It's a lot of build up on you. It's not like he just started to tell you these things.

Colby has been ominous, starting with this morning, distancing himself a lot more than he normally would when he's feeling out of it. At first, you thought it was because he just woke up, but then you realized that it wasn't because of that as the day went on. At lunchtime, he eventually told you that you two would have to talk later.

It worried you, and all sorts of thoughts were put in your mind, of course. It kept you from having an ignorant bliss like you had previously. Now thinking about it, he might've just wanted you to feel like he did at the moment. Restless with the thought of breaking up with you.

Then at dinner, which was just an hour or so ago, he was completely different than normal. Wasn't even playing on the affectionate thing anymore, and you knew that something had changed between you two.

It's hard listening to the things that he can't stand about you for more than five minutes. Then bump it up to between ten to twenty, and it's impossible for you to not feel like crying.

"Then what did I just say?" He challenges slightly.

You swallow, before tucking a hair that's been tickling your face behind your ear, "You just said that you can't do this anymore,"

Colby looks a little regretful when the words come out of your mouth, repeating it back into his own ears. As if he doesn't like the sound of it very much either, he should try where you're sitting at.

The position you're sitting at, it looks like he's been talking down to you the entire time. And you haven't done anything more than a head nod every now and then. Not a complaint has left your mouth at all.