caught - Colby Brock

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, azurebrock.

Summary; ' could you do something where the reader is friends with corey bc they both dance but her and colby progressively get closer and it becomes something more? 💕 '

Warnings; swearing, FLUFF

Word Count; 1.4k

——

Ever since Corey has moved into his new house with his roommates, he hasn't stopped inviting you over to hang out with him. It has to be the freedom of all that space, because his last place was small. He didn't stay in an apartment like his friends, he had a rental house.

But that place quickly turned sour once him and Devyn broke up, so he stopped staying there for so long. Of course he'd go back to sleep, but on a couple of occasions you'd have to rent your couch out to him. Yes, rent. Ten bucks a night, just because you could.

Anyway, now that he has that huge ass house with so much room, you guess it's kinda like him repaying you back for all those times that he stayed on your couch. Your apartment is kinda cramped, and there's not much to do after a while. On the other hand, he has a pool in the backyard with a jacuzzi, a pool table, a gaming room.

There have been a few times where you'd had to turn down his offer to go over, since your apartment is starting to collect dust from being ignored. At one point you joked at Corey that you're practically living there with him, and he told you that there's room for it.

It was more or less an offer, you could tell it by his face. But the thing is, you'd never move into a house with four boys. You talked to Devyn about how it was when she lived there with Elton, Aaron, Sam, Colby and Corey–eventually Elton swapped for Jake–and she told you to not do it.

Mainly because they're as messy as they look. They were always out doing something, so when they came back they'd dump their shit on the kitchen counter and leave it there. She couldn't count the amount of times where she had sorted through the mess only to find it back the next morning.

Not to mention the fridge... you remember the smell of it, she didn't even have to describe it to you. There were a couple of times where they'd throw parties and literally duct taped the door shut to make sure that no one would open it. They were sure that something had died or gone rotten in there, but they couldn't find anything.

Finally there were also the two separate prank wars that they all had to go through. And with having a new house, definitely means that there will be more wars. She told you all in all, that it was a bad idea, and it wasn't because two of them have girlfriends, it's just that they're boys.

You were glad that you weren't too keen on the idea in the first place. It was a weird way that he proposed the idea, and you weren't really too ecstatic to find out why exactly. You told Corey that it was a no, and he told you that it was fine. He wasn't counting on you actually saying yes.

Anyway, with all this time of coming over to hang out with Corey, you got to get to know his roommates a little more. You'd seen them on YouTube, and watched as they had gotten awards for things. But you never really met them, it was always from afar, and it was always stories.

When you had finally come face to face with them for the first time, you weren't all that surprised. All those stories seemed to fit them, they were really nice. Kinda hesitant at first, because they didn't know what kind of person you are, but eventually they came through.

They've grown comfortable to say the least, and with that, they've also grown annoying.

"One TikTok." Corey holds up his index finger, as if you don't know what the word 'one' means.

"No." you tell him, crossing your arms, "I did not become a professional dancer just to show it off on TikTok."

Corey deadpans, "Are you serious?"

"She's a liar!" Jake suddenly blurts, looking up from his phone, "I saw her dancing with Colby yesterday!"

Colby snorts, "She taught me the renegade, calm down."

Corey raises his eyebrows, giving you a pointed look, "I thought you don't dance on TikTok?"

"I don't, dumbass," you roll your eyes, laughing a little bit, "I'm on the app, I learn the dances, but I don't post them."

Corey, knowing that this is going to get him nowhere, then turns to Colby, "You were with her alone?"

Colby shrugs, "Yeah, she taught me some dances so I'm not as stiff."

Jake holds out his phone, and thank god Corey's back is turned to Jake, because that is so unfair.

"You motherfucker!" You suddenly yell, pushing Corey out of the way as you make a jump for Jake's phone.

He pulls it out of the way in time, out of your reach but Colby's over there only a second or two after you. He takes the phone much easier, "Where the hell?"

"Creep!" You punch Jake's chest.

You don't know how Jake got a photo of you and Colby kissing, but he has it. It's on his phone, and had Corey turned around, he would have seen it.

In the corner you can hear Sam laughing, he saw the whole thing. It looks like Corey is the only one out of the loop on this, thankfully. You don't know how to explain it, Corey and you have been best friends for a long ass time. Enough to make the both of you brother and sister.

Corey might as well have a meltdown if he found this out.

"What are you guys doing?" Corey asks.

"Colby and (Y/n) were kiss–" Jake starts, you slap your hand over his mouth.

"Quiet!"

Corey, being bigger than all of you, takes the phone from Colby's hands a little too easily, and when Colby tries to get it back, Corey just holds it higher. He squints, and you remove your hand from Jake's mouth.

"Oh my god."

"Listen, Corey." you move Colby behind you just as Corey turns around, "It was bound to happen. You've had me over here, over and over. You can't tell me that you didn't see this coming!"

"Colby?" he asks, "Not Mike, or Aryia–?"

"I don't know them!" you reason, "Colby and I click! Just like how me and you clicked!"

It wasn't a drunk kiss, it was a heat of the moment kiss. You and Colby had gotten into it for a second, but when you heard that Corey was coming back, it promptly stopped. But the rest of that night, there was tension. When you had gotten home? Colby and you didn't stop texting until the very early hours in the morning.

Corey looks at Colby, almost like Corey's examining him. But then Colby pulls a ballsy move and hugs you from behind, "May I have your blessing, sir?"

There's a small moment of silence before all of you are laughing at it.

"I guess." Corey says once you all calm down.

"Colby had a girl!" Sam cheers, "Not a girlfriend just yet, but we'll get there!"

"Shut up." Colby laughs, releasing you, "Don't make this more awkward than it has to be."

"It already is," Jake pushes Colby, and then Colby turns.

"You should probably run."

Jake laughs as if it's a joke, but once he realizes that Colby is dead serious, he slowly backs out, before turning and running. Colby follows behind him, giving you and Corey a moment.

"You tell me if anything happens." Corey tells you.

"Of course." you smile at him, holding out your hand for Jake's phone, "I need the picture, or the video or whatever it is."

Corey hands it over, and you sit on a stool, sending the pictures to yourself. Sam comes up behind you to point out the good ones. At some point, Colby has successfully caught Jake, and gets him into some headlock place, making him as uncomfortable as possible to make Jake call uncle.

However, when Jake does finally call uncle, Colby doesn't release him, "This is for telling Corey!"