Bloody Mistake - Trap House

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; Quinn-Imagines. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

------

Summary; Colby cuts himself while washing dishes, and causes a dilemma among the roommates.

Warnings; blood

Word Count; 1,146 words

Pronouns; no reader!

——-

It was not uncommon for Colby to be seen doing something absolutely stupid. This time, it wasn't necessarily on purpose, but he managed to peak stupidity in ways that have never been reached before.

Colby was minding his own business, washing his dishes after eating the dinner that was prepared by Aaron tonight. Colby would be tomorrow since they've all established a system they could agree on.

The rest of the boys had disappeared, leaving Colby to be the only one in the kitchen. He had to clean up everything, and not that he minded it a lot, but there were some things that he wanted to do.

Which is why he was moving so quickly; and probably the worst mistake that he had made tonight.

Aaron had left one of the knives out, not bothering to wash it. And it didn't fully register in Colby's mind that it wasn't a butter knife, but an actual knife. So, Colby managed to saw the sponge in half somehow.

The sharp pain in Colby's hand makes him jump, eyes wide as he looks down. Without thinking about it, he puts his hand underneath the water, running it red. When that stings too, he realizes what a grave mistake he's made.

He shuts off the water with his fine hand, before trying to go over to one of the towels. But the combination of the water on the ground, his dizziness from looking at the blood, and the fact that it hurts, knocks him right the hell out.

He falls forward, still very much awake, until a second before he hits the floor with force. Luckily enough, his arm was beneath his head, and that's how he lies.

However, with the other roommates, they're not having as much as a bad day as Colby is. Jake had started streaming on his phone—despite having a computer, last minute streams are the worst—and was trying to good all of the roommates in it for at least a couple of seconds.

Aaron was the first stop since he was sitting in his room, playing Fortnite. So, him being an easy target, Jake harassed him first, and Aaron got a whole five minutes on camera. Only because he was greeting some of the fans, letting them know how much he appreciated them on his videos.

After that, Jake headed to Corey and Devyn, waiting outside of their doors. The second that Corey took a step out, Jake managed to scare the absolute shit out of him. Corey found it funny, but Devyn was crying laughing from the scream that Corey had let out.

"Hey, baby bubba!" Jake calls, going over to Sam's room.

Jake sees him in the hallway, brushing his teeth, "What?"

"Jus' wanna say hi, how are you?"

Sam looks at him, skeptical, before he spits, and rinses his mouth and brush, "Are you going to prank me?"

"No? I'm streaming—wanna say hi to—" Jake cuts off, looking down at the usernames, "Sam's small nipples?"

Sam deadpans, and when he opens his mouth to say something, they both hear shouting from downstairs. Jake, thinking it's a joke, hurries to go and get it for the fans.

The second he hits the bottom step, he realizes just how much it isn't a prank.

Colby, lying face down on the floor, white t-shirt drenched in blood, is laying in a pool of the crimson color. Even worse, it seems to be growing, slowly but surely. Already halfway at his body size.

"What—" Sam starts, but he bumps into Jake, and the words stop in his throat, "Cole? Call an ambulance!"

Sam pushes past Jake, nearly knocking him to the floor as he tries to catch himself on the tile. His arms fall to his sides, completely forgetting about the stream that's going on in his hands.

"I got it!" Devyn yells suddenly, running up the staircase.

Sam drops down, shaking Colby and praying slightly that it's all a prank, and this isn't for real. It's just another one of those death pranks. But each time he doesn't respond, or even break out in a smile, it dawns on Sam just a little bit more.

Sam hiccups, and then the tears start to pour down his face, suddenly standing up and looking over at Corey, "A-a towel—"

Corey throws himself into the hallway, hurrying into the bathroom and grabbing the nearest towel, before tossing it to Jake. A second later, a drum of footsteps is heard on the staircase as Devyn comes down with Aaron.

Instead of Devyn being on the phone, it's Aaron, who's wide-eyed and listing off the address in a hurried voice.

"My phone was dead," Devyn's shoulders slump slightly, and Sam takes the towel from Jake.

"Help me move him," Sam sniffles, looking up at Corey mainly for help.

Jake drops his phone, now crying with Sam as he tries to help them move Colby over. And that's when they see the huge gash going down Colby's forearm.

It turns out, Colby had not only cut his hand, but he had cut his arm too. But the blood hadn't started drawing yet, the hand was just so much faster. Colby must've pulled the knife back a little too far.

"Oh my god," Devyn's words are muffled by her hands.

"The ambulance is on their way, cover his arms—"

Once Jake had realized the stream was still going, he turned it off as fast as he could. He knows the fans all know now, a mistake on his part. But none of the roommates blame him for it.

They probably would've forgotten to turn it off too. Especially in a panic like that, Jake was trying to help. He did the best he could.

When the ambulance showed up, Corey and Sam were covered in blood, from trying to stop it as best as they could. Sam didn't stay behind for a change of clothes and went off with Colby. While Corey and Devyn grabbed clothes for Sam and Colby—not that he'd be needed it immediately—and went off after them.

After rehydrating Colby and giving him the blood, he needed, he came back to earth. Slowly, but surely.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Sam asks, Colby raises his eyebrows.

"Huh?"

"Why—why would you cut yourself?"

From Sam's distressed expression, Colby slowly understands, "I was trying to clean the knife, and I went through the sponge, I think,"

There's a stunned silence, before Jake snorts, covering his face and going into the bathroom. His laughter echoes off of the tile walls, and back into the room, where the rest of the roommates have joined in.

"Can't wait to see the memes," Colby sighs, "Since Jake got all of it, there better be funny ones or I'm suing all the fans."