clingy - Colby Brock

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, azurebrock.

Summary; "Can you do where the reader and Colby are dating and Colby is drunk at pizza night or something and calls her clingy so she slow starts to stop and he doesn't get why"

Warnings; swearing, angst

Word Count; 1,236 words

——

Pizza night is the one day of the week where you can truly let go of yourself and just be... you. No one is allowed to have their cameras out, menacing that fake smiles are a thing in the past for that one night. And everyone can get back to their regularly scheduled not-so-fake happiness.

Which means you take the opportunity to get drunk. Since it's Friday, and the weekend is right behind it, you really have nothing to worry about. If you're hung over tomorrow, then you can just film another day. Absolutely no harm done at all.

If you weren't a YouTuber like everyone else in the room, then you're sure that there would be more of a problem. Considering the fact, actually having a job would mean that you'd have to live up to your boss' standards. However, you have no boss except for yourself, so there's no reason to even get on a tangent about working for someone else.

Anyway, now that you're about three drinks deep into drinking already. It's kicked in, and you're having the time of your life.

Everyone around you is having a good time, Sam is trying to stop Katrina from doing something stupid. While everyone else cheers her on to do it, since it's not that bad. If she wants to chug as much hot sauce as her body can handle, that's her problem, not your guys.

In the corner, Jake, Reggie and, Tara are sharing pictures, taking videos of what's going on for memories sake—not for posting whatsoever. And trying to get each other to do something stupid, crank up the amount of stupidity, as if it already isn't enough.

Mike and Kevin are talking to Colby, whom you've got your head leaned up against. Every now and then you'll try to talk to Colby, but either he can't hear you, or he doesn't want to be listening. Either way, you're okay with, what you have to say are stupid little thoughts anyway.

"Hey Sam?" You ask, this stops him from grabbing the sauce from Katrina, turning his attention to you. In the back, you can see Katrina unscrew the lid and begin to chug like her life depends on it, "Do you know if the vending machines downstairs have energy drinks?"

"They do," Tara tells you, "Can you get me one? I'll pay you back later."

"Sure," You chirp happily, turning to Colby, "Want to come with?"

"I'm talking," Colby tells you, almost like a parent telling a child that they're busy, "Why are you so clingy?"

You can feel you emotions fall, but you keep the smile on your face, trying not to give it away that it hurt your feelings. Next to Colby, you can see that Mike visibly winced at the question, a little shocked that he asked it, and you're taking it so well.

Just like that, you get off of the couch, going out the door and to yours and Colby's apartment for your wallet. Once the apartment or shuts behind you, your smile falls completely and you bite the inside of your cheek out of habit.

You're not being clingy, are you? It was an innocent enough question, you just thought that he'd like to go down to the vending machines with you. Since he likes to do stuff like that with you all the time. If the tables have been turned, you're sure that he would've asked you to go with him.

He does that when he's filming too, or editing should you say. He'll turn and ask if you'd go with him so he doesn't have to go all the way alone. He's a grown adult, perfectly capable of it. But you were always under the impression he did it because he wanted your company around.

And so when you asked him to come too, it was for the same reason, you wanted his company as you went and grabbed something. Hell, he could've came with and got something for himself, if he wanted to. Not like you would've been opposed, you probably would've even offered to pay.

He's busy talking, sure. But there's always times when you're in the middle of filming, or about to take a shower to go out to eat with friends. But you always make that time for him.

It's so unnerving.

Maybe you are being clingy.

The sounds of the cans being brought out by the machines bring you out of your trance. And it's when you realize that you've just zombied-walked your way to the machines without even knowing it. And you already have one in your hand, the second one you just got for Tara.

You hope that no one saw you like this, it would be embarrassing if your neighbors saw how dazed you are. Because not only are you drunk, but your falling deeper into this sad state, so there's no doubt that you look miserable.

After grabbing the other energy drink, you make your way all the way back upstairs and into the apartment. When you'd given Tara her drink, you also sat next to her, Jake, and, Reggie. Keeping your distance from your boyfriend so he wouldn't feel the way he did.

The only person that noticed has to have been Mike. Because a little after coming back to the apartment, he'd asked if you were alright. You just told him that you're fine and you can handle yourself.

If Colby thinks you're laying it on too much, then it's no big deal to settle down.

And the night continued on like that. You hardly even looked in Colby's direction, since you were so caught up in talking to everyone else. Originally, you were just going to chill out.

It didn't end up like that. Had Colby not said those words to you, then you would've just sat in silence the entire time. Eventually, probably taking to Tara or them. But it would be just that.

"Alright, get out," Sam says, it's mostly a joke, but you're sure that he wants to go to bed.

The cleanup was easy, as everyone takes a last slice of pizza so the box can be thrown away. After the last couple of goodbyes, you go back to the apartment. To find that Colby is already inside.

"Why'd you ignore me the entire night?" Colby asks you, the second that you've shut the front door.

"What?" You ask, confused as hell, "I didn't ignore you, at all."

"You stopped talking to me—"

"After you called me clingy," you tell him sourly, "And I tried talking to you before that, but it seemed like you couldn't hear me or something. The AC must've been real loud, huh?"

It dawns on Colby, and you can see that he's sorry. Before the words come out of his mouth, you hold up your hand. Not quite ready to forgive him, after you had to dwell on that for several hours.

"You can apologize for me tomorrow."

"I didn't mean it—"

"I don't want to hear it, seriously," you tell him, "I'm taking a shower and going to bed. Sleep where you want, I don't care."

It's an awful way to end a night, but he was being ridiculous. And you don't want to have to deal with shit like that. Especially when you were just trying to be nice.