baby steps - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "Can I request a Colby imagine were your daughter either takes her steps or says her first word during pizza night with whole group watching and recording the moment." - anonymous

Warnings; swearing, fluff

Word Count; 1,170 words

,

——-

You never that you would have a kid so young. You thought that you would at least wait until you were older. As in, you're in your late twenties and you're finally expecting that first kid.

However, that wasn't the case with your daughter. And she came sooner rather than later. To be fair, it was a little bit unexpected—dare you say an accident—but she's welcome all the same. It's not like she's putting a strain on your relationship with Colby. If anything, it helped strengthen it.

He is her dad after all.

Plus that caring dad side that came out of him when she was born? Made you fall in love with him more because of the fact that he's so tender with her. You thought that he would at least be a little lost when it came to having a kid, but it's like he had that dad-side deep down.

Just means that you won't have to be telling him what to do with her. He already knows the schedule, he takes her half of the time, and you take her that other half when he's too busy. Same for when he takes her off of your hands. But then there's also the times when you two are working together.

And those times are truly the best times.

The best memories you've made with him are by far the times when you two are trying to tame your daughter when she's being a little too wild. Taking after Colby in every sense of that word.

You were never a wild toddler. You were shyer if anything, so this is totally Colby's kid. If he ever doubted it before, then he sure as hell doesn't doubt it now.

With your daughter—Lily—came the thought of you moving in with him when it came to the apartment. Which he gladly opened up his arms for that, a little too excited to finally have you living with him. So you two wouldn't have to play 'hot potato' when it came to having Lily sleep over at each other's house.

You weren't living with him when it came to the trap house, so you two were always trying to make sure that you guys got equal nights. When he told you that the lease was about to be up, that was music to your ears. And you're sure that was the same to him too.

Along with having Lily, came the fact that all of your friends absolutely adored her. There are times when she's shy as hell, taking some of your traits. But around your friends she's a charmer.

Which means that they're always spoiling her, and sometimes you and Colby have to step in to make sure that they don't give her too much. Having a spoiled kid would make you want to rip your hair out. Maybe even press the 'reset' button the kid to fix what had gone wrong.

A humbled girl, that's what you two want.

When pizza night rolls around every week, she gets to see everyone and mess around with them. So far, she's taken the best liking to Sam and Katrina. To the point where if you release her into Sam's apartment—like you guys did earlier—she'll start zooming her way across the floor. She might crawl, but she crawls fast.

Sometimes you're a little worried that she'll bruise her knees because of the floor being wood. But other times you know that the bruises don't necessarily hurt if she's not touching it on purpose.

"You're telling me she hasn't walked yet?" Mike asks, looking over to Lily, "I call bullshit."

"Seriously," you tell him, "She hasn't walked yet. We've heard her talk before, but this is the one milestone we're trying to hit next."

"Well, then let's do it." Kevin says with a mouthful of food.

"Everyone will get a good angle," Devyn laughs, pulling out her phone.

You look at Colby, and he shrugs, "I'll have her walk to me, then?"

Colby crouches down next to the couch, and you can feel so many eyes and phones pointed at you.

Sam is standing by the kitchen counter, getting Colby's side of things. While Tara has your side. Everyone else either has the middle, or a little bit of either yours or Colby's.

"Alright, Lily," you pick her up, setting her on her feet, "Walk to daddy, okay?"

She gives you a scrunched up face, before a big smile. After she gives you a laugh, you turn her around, aiming her at Colby.

He has his hands out, waiting for her to walk to him.

You start her off towards Colby, but she stumbles and falls. You catch her just before she hits the floor a little too hard, picking her back up and getting her ready again.

"Come on, baby." You say quietly, Colby holds his arms out eagerly.

"Right to daddy, Lily." Colby has the biggest smile on his face.

It takes a couple of tries of her taking that first step and then falling. Eventually, you and Colby decided to turn her around to face you instead. Which means you're now crouching down, and Colby is setting her up on her feet.

"Only a couple of steps." You mimic what Colby was doing earlier by holding out your hands.

"Team Lily!" Katrina laughs, and a couple of people join in.

You're too focused to laugh, and it seems like Colby is too. Because once she's set up on her feet, she wobbles for a second, before she hurries towards you. You're quick to catch her before she falls this time.

Scooping Lily up into your arms, you can hear everyone cheering over the fact that she'd finally taken those steps. After pressing a kiss to her temple, Colby takes her from your arms, spinning in a small circle.

"I see how it is, you favor mommy, huh?" he asks Lily, getting her ready to do it again, "Well, I do too. So, let's do it again, okay?"

It's the same process. Colby's able to prop her up onto her feet, taking a couple of steps back to watch. But she surprises the both of you by wheeling herself around and running right at his leg. Arms wrapping around his leg as she falls to her knees.

"Oh my god," you fan your face slightly, "I'm going to cry."

Colby looks up to see if you're bluffing or not. But he looks just in time, because a tear rolls down your cheek, making him hold his arms out for you.

You go over, hugging him as he presses a kiss to the corner of your mouth, "I couldn't be happier." Colby tells you, "With you here, I'm the happiest I've ever been."

"So am I." you laugh, looking down at Lily to see that she's playing with Colby's jeans, "I love you."

After you place your head against Colby's shoulder, he says; "I love you too, babe."