walking on sunshine - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "colbys at the gym with sam occasionally looking at you working out with your friend when all of a sudden she lets slip she slept with your boyfriend it's upset you so much you pass out colby rushes to you and per gym rules an ambulance was called colby goes to the hospital with you and help you break up with your bf and recover from the broken bones you now have" - anonymous

Warnings; swearing, fluff, mentions of sex

Word Count; 1,187 words

,

——-

Life is good, better than you've had it in a while. Normally you're always having some sort of high school plot twist in your life. But lately it seems as though you're doing good. That there isn't going to be anything to worry about. And if that's going to happen, you're going to be walking on sunshine real soon.

Like, let's just go over what's going on in your life right now. Starting with the fact that you have amazing friends. That are always there to help you when things are getting a little tough. And they never fail to make sure that you're having a great day. That things don't turn for the worst.

You have an amazing boyfriend that you can't believe you even have. You're sure that he's out of your league, and that there are other girls that definitely deserve him. But out of all people, he's chosen you to get to know. And to fall in love with, which is the best thing ever. Having someone like Ryan to love.

There's plenty of extra money in your bank account, you're finally going steady with a job again. To the point where you have money left over at the end of your paycheck that you can use on yourself. Or hell, just save it for a trip in the future, like what you've been wanting to do lately. Take a trip to another state to just hang out and wind down.

Or maybe you'll even go to Universal Studios or Disneyland or something. A place you haven't really been before. That all of your friends have been to a couple of times. Maybe you'll even take Ryan and a couple of your friends with you. Make it a whole group thing.

And finally—the one you're most excited about—you're going to be adopting a dog soon. You've already picked out the girl, it's all about going through the application process to adopt her. And you're excited because you've never owned a dog by yourself before. Of course, you had one when you were a kid. But now you're older and much more responsible.

Anyway, life is going the exact way you wish it had been going a year or two ago. And now that it's finally on the right path, you're so satisfied and...

You can walk on sunshine.

"Ryan was out late one night and came back home. He said he was drinking but he didn't seem drunk. I just think he went and hung out with some of his friends and he didn't want to lie to me or something," you tell Macy, upping the speed of the treadmill so that you're running.

When you look up to the mirror, you can see that a brunette is looking at you every now and then. Making you feel more confident about yourself, however you know very well that you're not going to be cheating on Ryan. To ruin something as good as you have right now would be horrible.

Why would you do that on purpose anyway? Why would anyone purposely ruin something they have so good?

"About that, I need to tell you something," Macy says, slowing down the speed on her own treadmill, "Ryan came to my house that night and we fucked."

It's like electricity runs through your body, because you turn to her with wide eyes, to see that she's not even remorseful. She doesn't even care that she told you this.

She just listened to you tell her that you're having the time of your life and she's just gone and ruined it just like that.

"In fact, Ryan was going to tell you that he's breaking up with you tonight." Macy tells you nonchalantly.

You go to tap the button to make the treadmill slow down, because suddenly you're lightheaded. But your fingers miss the button, and instead makes it go faster. And since you're already having a hard time keeping up with it, your legs buckle beneath you.

The world turning black.

You can't believe it. You have to be dreaming. Or this is some sick joke that they're playing on you. She wouldn't go and sleep with your boyfriend like this. She's known you for so long, why would she just go and ruin it for you? Plus she said that she was happy for you.

Then again, she lied to your face for a week straight. Waited for you to bring it up to her, and then decided just then to tell you that she went and fucked your boyfriend. In front of the whole gym, making you look like a fool. A played idiot that didn't know what was going to hit her. And then on top of that you passed out on the treadmill, sending yourself flying into the workout machine behind you. Breaking a rib or two and then one of your arms.

You frown at your casted arm, before looking back up at the brunette that was in the gym earlier. You've learned that his name is Colby, and that he's very, very sweet. He means no harm, and he feels incredibly bad for you. And has already started talking shit about your best friend.

Or, ex-friend you should say. As well as Ryan.

He rushed you here from the gym with his best friend. Who's name is Sam, and he had to go and do something today after the workout. But he told Colby to tell you that he says he's sorry about what's happening and he wishes you luck.

"What do I say, though?" you ask, staring down at the message screen.

"Tell him that you're breaking up with him. That you heard about him and your friend and you don't want to be with a cheater like him," Colby tells you, swinging his legs a little bit. And then he stops, staring at you seriously, "You deserve someone better than him. I promise you do. And you'll feel better after doing this."

"What about all my stuff?" you ask.

Colby shrugs, "I can get my friends to help you get it out of his house or whatever."

"I can't... I just met you, I can't let you do this for me." You tell him, "Just go home or something, I'll deal with it."

"Not going to do that," Colby tells you, shaking his head, "I know what it's like to go through a breakup after someone has cheated and it's definitely not something you do alone."

You smile at him, and then the tears pool in your eyes. You have to lift your left hand up to rub your eyes, "Thank you."

Colby sighs, "You need a real friend, not them. And I'll be that real friend, and I'll even introduce you to my friends so that you won't have to be alone."

Laughing, you wipe your eyes again, before offering your phone to him, "I'll tell you what to text if you do it for me?"

"Yeah," Colby takes the phone from you, scooting closer to you, "I'll gladly do that for you."