pussy - Colby Brock

I'm not accepting requests on here. If you want to request then you can go to my blog on Tumblr, azurebrock.

Summary; you take on a bet with learning a new skill. However, things don't go too well at the skatepark when you run into the infamous douchebag, Colby

Warnings; swearing, angst

Word Count; 1.6k

——

You're not normally someone to try something new just to spite a person, but this time, you're fed up with your friends and you're going to prove to them that you can try new things. Even if they bring in the possibility of getting hurt, you're going to try it out and see how you like it first.

However, you have to admit that you feel like an idiot, standing here with a helmet with knee and arm pads on. Like you're afraid of scraping up your joints. You're not stupid enough to brush off your friends advice, as much as they thought you would. Just because you're trying to prove a point doesn't mean you don't want to be safe while doing it.

They had taught you the basics of skateboarding on the way to the skate park. Showing you how to get on and off the board easily, how to position your feet correctly so it's an easy transition from skating to speeding up again. Kayla had showed you a couple of basic tricks. You'd only fallen once, learning your mistake almost immediately.

You pick up things pretty quickly, thankfully. You found it easy to ride the board down the street, not having to put your arms out for balance. The leaning was a little difficult at first, because you thought that you were going to fall off the board, but eventually you got the hang of that too.

All of that wasn't the bet though. The bet is that you won't be able to make it down a ramp, and show off a couple of other basic tricks, in the rink. It doesn't have to be today is what they told you, but it does have to be before the end of the month. Obviously over time you will get better, but they picked all of it up in only a months time.

So who's to say that you won't be able to do the exact same thing? It doesn't feel that hard, you were trying to do the tricks they were telling you. Trinity was surprised on how well you knew them, but you reminded her that you watch them skate all the time. It was only a matter of time before you learned the tricks yourself.

They're not very hard to do. It's all about the footing, and how quickly you can move your feet to get them in the right place at the right time. It's about the beginning of the trick and the ending of it. You can have a terrible middle but still come out a winner in the end if you're good enough.

You don't know much about skateboarding, but you do know that they won't be treating you like you know nothing by the end of this month. You'll be knowledgeable about what they talk about for a good amount of time. But your interest in it will probably dwindle, and you'll go back to your own hobbies that you were caught up in before the bet had taken place.

Kayla gives you a grin, popping her knuckles, "What're you thinking about?"

You shrug a little bit, "That there's no better way to get into it than jumping right in."

"Don't get ahead of yourself." Trinity tells you, she's wearing skates today, letting you borrow her skateboard., "You'll get hurt."

"Just the journey along the way."

"Stop being poetic." Kayla laughs, and you roll your eyes.

You pull your hair back to get it out of your face, shaking your head at your friends. As much as they want to tease you and try to make you think that it's better if you start off slow, you only have a month. You're a quick learner, as you said before. So if you jump into it now, it won't take very long before you're just as good as them–or maybe a little bit behind, they have a couple years experience now.