egg of doom - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; LightenUpBrock. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "I've re-watched Jake's slingshot videos and i was wondering if u could write something similar, but the reader gets hit in the chest with an egg and starts bleeding? Colby would offer to help her after filming the video and while cleaning her up he gets all blushy because he has a crush on her?" - anonymous

Warnings; swearing

Word Count; 1,727 words

,

——-

It's not uncommon for the boys to be filming together. In fact, you expect for all of them to come together at least once week. Sometimes they'll invite you along, other times they just leave you out of it as much as they leave Devyn out of it. You're hardly bothered by that fact.

More free time for you, and you don't have to worry about participating in whatever they want to film that day. If you're hardly asked, then most of the days you have free time.

But the days they do want you to join them for filming, you have to clear out at least two hours. Since they always want to redo things, and make sure that the planning for everything is right on time. Being around a bunch of YouTubers is almost like pulling teeth when it comes to filming.

You're not necessarily into the YouTube business, but you are. The only times you actually upload to your own channel is when you're done with an art piece. You'll do commissions for people, film it, upload it and get money from that, and the price the person had to pay for their art to be done.

It's a lot more simple than going out and vlogging your everyday life. If you were to do that, then the entire thing would be boring. You hardly get out of the house unless the boys—or Devyn—is forcing you to go out with them. Other than that, you're comfortable inside your own home.

Anyway, today is one of those days where the boys are all filming together. And this time it's Jake filming for his channel. Which means that he probably came up with something stupid to do for the video. Maybe it has something to do with those expired eggs that he told no one to throw away.

But what would he be making with those?

Scrambled eggs? Is he making the guys do a taste test to see if they can tell if it's expired or not? Because if he is, then that is one evil plan. And you're especially glad that you chose to opt out of this one. Or rather, he didn't invite you along to his shenanigans.

Gathering up your dishes from breakfast, you decide that you need to stretch your legs after working on this piece all morning. You're sure that you'll be able to get it done by tomorrow, but for now you need to stretch. Your back likes to hurt after sitting down for so long.

When you open up your bedroom door, you can hear Aaron yelling about something. All together the guys are pretty loud when it comes to filming. So it's really not a surprise that when you open your door you can hear them yelling.

You take your time walking down the stairs, peeking around the landing wall for a second to see that the guys are laughing about something. You don't go undetected, because Colby turns to see who's standing on the staircase. And when he sees you, he offers a small smile.

"(Y/n)!" Sam cheers, "Jake, she should ask you some questions too."

Jake turns to look at you with a smile, "The game is, is that I can't get your questions wrong, and you can't let me get the questions right. If either of those happen, it's egg time baby."