Whistle - Colby Brock

I am NOT taking requests on Wattpad, if you want to have a request done, you'll have to go to my Tumblr; Quinn-Imagines. This is just so I keep my priorities straight.

Summary; "can you write an imagine where y/n is having nightmares about the ritual tunnel–she's running down the cave trying to get away from the whistles of those people but the cave feels endless. She wakes up and Colby comforts her?🖤"

Warnings; nightmare

Word Count; 834 words

Pronouns; Female

——-

"Colby?" you call, looking around for him. But all you're met with is the jagged stone walls of the ritual cave. Grinning back at you harshly.

It's like they know your fate already, teasing you mercilessly with how you're going to end. In this tunnel, without looking at Colby ever again.

"Colby?" you stupidly call louder, walking towards the exit of the tunnel.

He was just in front of you a couple of seconds ago, holding your hand while he guided you silently. The others were in front of him, to make sure he didn't lose his way. But there's no way you can lose them, this tunnel only goes two ways. To the back, and to the very front, the exit.

So, you start to head in that direction. Hoping that it's the right choice.

But the darkness arounds you starts to make it feel like you're being swallowed alive. Or like in the moves when they're walking around in the belly of a whale. You wouldn't doubt it, it's cold, and soaking. The darkness is overwhelming, and all you really want is to get back to your boyfriend.

When you find him, maybe then he'll be able to help you calm down a little bit. To keep you from having a full-on panic attack.

Every now and then, you'll place your hand against the wall for no reason. Maybe to make sure it's still there, but you're not sure why they would disappear, there's no reason for them to.

An uneasy feeling sprouts in your stomach as you begin to round the corner, which in that exact same instant, you start to hear that dreadful whistling. The one you heard days before when you and the boys were running away from the guys in the tunnel.

The guys that aggressive, scaring the hell out of you.

The whistling gets louder, and for a second you feel like your feet are glued to the mud floor. Then, with one yank of your foot, your shoe comes off completely. But you're not worried about running over the sandy rocks anymore, you want to run.

It sounds like it's right in front of you, when you're finally able to get your other foot free. And after that, you take off down the tunnel, carefully trying to get away without hurting yourself.

But then one minute turns into another, and the whistling is getting louder. Painfully loud as they echo off the cave walls and back into your ears. You'd clasp your hands over your ears if it weren't for the fact that you keep running into the walls.

Your hands are scraped to hell from you pushing yourself off the wall, stabbing your hands and also dragging the spiked parts along your palm. Not enough to draw blood just yet, but it's going to happen.

Another patch of water shows up unexpectedly, and you fall. The water splashes up around you, and soaks all your clothes. You carefully pull yourself up, not bothering to waste anymore time on the ground.

Laughter begins to fill your ears, and right when you turn to look behind yourself in the nightmare, you run smack into the wall.

A loud gasp leaves you as you suddenly jolt awake. Tears are glossy against your cheeks, while one of your hands holds your heart. A heavy feeling is in your chest, like you just barely escaped death.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Colby asks, he's sitting up in bed, still rubbing one of his eyes, "You were crying and—"

Reluctantly, you push yourself up with one arm, and throw your arms around Colby, pulling him close to you as you sob into his shoulder.

"It was the tunnel, again,"

His arms wrap around your torso, hugging you tightly as he kisses your forehead. When he pulls away, he looks into your eyes with raised eyebrows.

He looks a lot more awake than he did a couple of seconds ago. Maybe it's because you're sobbing into his chest, obviously scared about what just occurred in your nightmare.

This isn't the first time you've had a nightmare about the tunnel situation. Hell, you're had just as many as Colby has by now. It's been plaguing you guys since it happened, since you watched the camera get smacked out of Sam's hand, and the shit that happened afterward.

You stood there, for all of it. Eyes glued on your boyfriend, and eventually you tried to step in, but it ended up getting you hurt instead. That's why it's always the whistling, it's always you trying to get away as fast as you can.

If you don't stick around, then there's no possibility of the guys to get to you. But the tunnel never ends, it's always curving and leading back further and further.

"I've got you, they won't hurt you," Colby kisses your forehead, before he lays down with you again, arms still tight around you, "I won't let anything happen ever again."

"Promise?" you whisper, placing your head against his chest.

"Promise."