3

I AM A MATCHMAKER ON TAOBAO CHAPTER 3

Shen Chuchu almost spat out blood when she saw that her acting skill was only at 19 points when the actual full score was 100. Didn't that mean her pitiful acting skills have become even more pitiful? How was she supposed to mingle in the entertainment industry with a score like this? She didn't look bad by any means but how would she manage to get her name out there when she had neither the background nor the skills? The entertainment industry had no shortage of good-looking individuals!

Also, how would she increase the fate value anyways? She felt that the introduction was unclear on this part.

She remembered that the system would previously pop up whenever she thought of a question in her head. She reasoned that it must be an extremely intelligent system so she decided to ask it a question in her mind. However, the system gave no response at all. Perhaps the question she asked was too complicated? She thus thought of an easy question such as who gave her this system. The system remained unresponsive. After a few more questions, she understood that it would not answer her.

She felt disappointed by this revelation but still found the system very interesting and wanted to continue exploring it. But after the car accident, the hospital visit and then this system all in one day, she felt that her mind was messed up as it is. As she thought about how to go about helping people with marital issues, she slowly drifted off to sleep.

The sun had long since risen by the time she woke up the next day.

Shen Chuchu stared at the ceiling and thought, did she have to change her profession and open a matchmaker agency now? If she didn't complete the tasks given to her, her acting skills would continue to plummet. At this rate, she wouldn't be able to be an actress anymore. But she couldn't just ask people on the street if they have any marital problems. What could she do?

At that moment, her phone made a noise. She picked it up and saw a Weibo notification message.

"90s internet celebrity sold clothes on Weibo, monthly income in the millions..."

Shen Chuchu suddenly felt a burst of inspiration when she clicked open the message.

She could totally follow the route of this successful internet celebrity. She would first put down her roots in Weibo then open a store on Taobao* to earn money. What a wonderful thing! She could both earn money and complete tasks while increasing her acting skills. This was truly akin to killing two birds with one stone.

*TL-note: Taobao is an online retail store. It's like the Chinese Amazon/eBay.

If this was the case, she would not have to worry about starving to death since her company no longer accepted any commercials for her. This would let her earn money at home while practising her acting skills!

Step 1: Create a new Weibo account with the name: I am Yue Lao. The profile picture was of Yue Lao which Shen Chuchu had downloaded off the internet. Her biography said: "A fake quack* making a living by fortune-telling." She then posted her first message on Weibo.

*TL-note: This is deliberate irony or a double-negative. Shen Chuchu is advertising herself as a "quack", or a scammer. However, she's a "fake quack", meaning that she's legitimate.

I am Yue Lao: No.1 Do you want to know who your future husband(wife) will be? Comment below with a picture and let me tell you who it is. There will be only one fortune-telling per day, and let fate smile upon you.

When Shen Chuchu saw an ad to promote to Weibo fans, she took an overdraft of 200 yuan on her credit card and then promoted the ad to ten thousand potential fans. From what she knew about people on the internet, she believed a lot of people would become curious and send a photo after seeing the Weibo message.