19

I AM A MATCHMAKER ON TAOBAO CHAPTER 19

Shen Chuchu’s words made Han Xingyan very ashamed despite the chaotic situation at that time. However, the fact was, the girl was behaving like that due to the effects of the drug while his mind was clear.

The question made it hard for him to answer.

Shen Chuchu felt somewhat complicated when Han Xingyan did not speak and continued, “It doesn’t matter. I am only asking.”

Shen Chuchu then forced a smile, “Thanks for saving me last night.”

Han Xingyan glanced at Shen Chuchu and replied, “No need.”

She thought back to Han Xingyan’s words stating that she could ask him for help. Shen Chuchu pursed her lips, tightened her fist and with a red face she said in a low voice, “But can you help me with something?” 

Han Xingyan retained his original expressionless expression and his thin lips gradually said, “You speak.”

Shen Chuchu stood up from the sofa and walked to Han Xingyan’s side. Her face was slightly red, “I want you to help me dissolve the contract between me and my company. I won’t need you to pay the penalty fee but only that you can resolve it on my behalf. I will come up with the money.”

After this experience, Shen Chuchu truly did not want to stay at the company any longer. However, she was also afraid of offending the company plus the manager and current hot celebrity which would make the termination of the contract even more difficult.

She had already saved enough money for the penalty fee early. These past few months, she had earned a couple hundred thousand from matchmaking and together with the money from the Han Group advertisement there should be over a million yuan.

However, she had no background and was afraid the company would make things difficult during the termination hence she never raised the issue. In addition to this, she had yet to find a good replacement so she could only be an ostrich* at home for the remainder of the months. But due to yesterday’s incident, she could not endure it any longer. She wanted to terminate immediately! She must terminate the contract even if she was no longer in the entertainment circle.

*TL-note: Denying or refusing to acknowledge something that is blatantly obvious as if your head was in the sand like an ostrich.

Han Xingyan did not expect such a simple request and replied, “Sure.”

Shen Chuchu bowed at Han Xingyan, “Thank you, CEO Han. If you have any requests later, you can always contact me.”

After she was finished, she got ready to leave. After all, some unpleasant things had happened here and she was eager to go home and sort these things.

Han Xingyan stood up and handed over a business card to Shen Chuchu, “If you need anything, you can call me.”

Shen Chuchu hesitated for a moment then took it with a smile, “Okay.”

After leaving the hotel, the biting coldness from the wind made her head clearer than before. Taking the taxi back to the apartment, Shen Chuchu opened Wan Shanshan and Li Yutao’s marriage system. At the hotel, she never had the chance to look at it but now she examined it over carefully.

Status: Married

Marriage Partner: Wan Shanshan [Photograph]

Marriage Date: February 15th 2018

Marriage Rating: 2 stars (Divided at Heart)

Red Thread of Fate: [Open]

Sure enough, she did not misread at dinner yesterday. Li Yutao was indeed married. He was married a month ago and his marriage partner was his own manager! This person was married in February but was still dating a female actress and was hyped as being a good boyfriend.