10

I AM A MATCHMAKER ON TAOBAO CHAPTER 10

From the moment Gao Anqi laid eyes on Han Xingyan, her heart pounded non-stop and she had already forgotten what had just happened. She only wanted to chase and stand in his shadow to feel close to him.

However, Han Xingyan's voice shattered Gao Anqi's fantasy, "General Manager Gao, what you had just said is not appropriate. It was my idea for Miss Shen to shoot this advertisement. The Han Group is not a company that spreads gossip so please remember your position."

Han Xingyan's words were like daggers to Gao Anqi's heart. This was the first time he had spoken to her about things unrelated to work and each word was a wound to her heart as if she had been placed within a cavity of ice.

When Han Xingyan finished, he walked away with Secretary Wang without heeding Gao Anqi's answer.

Initially, he had not intended to be here at the film set but as a result, he witnessed a WTF scene. She was the crème de la crème* among his employees but who would have known this was her secret self. What's the difference between her and a woman shouting abuse on the streets? He found this very unacceptable thus he asked Secretary Wang to call her out to warn her.

*TL-note: The best person or thing of a particular kind.

When Gao Anqi saw that Han Xingyan was about to leave, she held back the tears and walked forward to explain, " Mr Han......"

She felt somewhat hopeful when she heard his footsteps stop and their distance shortened to the point she was able to vaguely smell the distinct cologne from his body. She presented her best expression and was about to speak when Han Xingyan cut her off.

"That's right, remember to apologise to Miss Shen."

If those were daggers to the heart previously then right now her heart was utterly shattered. The sort of despair that crashed down from the clouds to the ground.

"Why should I apologise to her. She is only an actor." Gao Anqi was a sophisticated individual who had studied overseas and considered herself a White Bone Spirit* among the white-collar workers. She had her pride so why should she apologise to someone she looked down on? Keep dreaming!

*TL-note: White Bone Spirit (Baigujing) is a shapeshifting demoness, and in her true form she is depicted as a skeleton.

"Plus I don't think I said anything wrong." There was no other choice but to admit that she had misjudged him as a man who also liked to toy with shallow actresses. It really was disappointing!

Han Xingyan finally turned around and looked straight at Gao Anqi with a cold expression, "The reason being you are still an employee of the Han Group."

Gao Anqi burst into tears at his words, "You can't humiliate me like this. I am an outstanding student with a masters' degree from an Ivy League University. Plus it was the Han Group who hired me at a high salary to get me here so you can't do something like this."

Han Xingyan's mouth twitched and was very suspicious of HR's* judgement, "It doesn't matter what your background is or how high your intellect is. I know that if one side did something wrong then they must apologise to the other side. This has nothing to do with who you are or who the other person is."

*TL-note: Human resources (HR) are the people who make up the workforce of an organization, business sector, or economy.

"I want to quit." Gao Anqi wiped her tears and said in a tense voice.

Han Xingyan felt he had spoken too much today and especially with these blockheads. It was a waste of time to even say a word more. In this world, there are so many talented people. Why had he found such an incompetent person for his company?