15

I AM A MATCHMAKER ON TAOBAO CHAPTER 15

Shen Chuchu gulped when she heard the words "Diandi Media". If she really went to Diandi then her dream to become a star would not be far.

But she still had seven months left on her current management contract so she would have to pay a penalty fee if she left rashly. Then Shen Chuchu's eyes brightened when she remembered that Chen Xili paid Yu Yiting's fees for him.

"But I am already with a company."

Chen Xili frowned slightly and asked, "Which company?"

Shen Chuchu replied, "Mejia Entertainment."

Chen Xili raised her eyebrows and looked at the display screen outside. Shen Chuchu also followed her gaze to see that her advertisement was currently shown on the screen.

Once it ended, Shen Chuchu waited for Chen Xili's reply.

Only to hear Chen Xili said with some pity in her voice, "Oh, I'm sorry for disturbing you then."

Once she finished, Chen Xili nodded at her and left the dessert store.

Shen Chuchu was dumbfounded. What the heck was that! Eh, why did she not talk some more? There were only seven months left and if that did not work, she will pay the penalty fee herself!

Shen Chuchu silently watched as Chen Xili disappeared then left the dessert store in a depressed mood. She knew the loss of interest from Chen Xili was not because of her current contract but because of the advertisement since she never said anything before.

Shen Chuchu watched her advertisement in the taxi and even though she was now tired of watching it, she still felt it looked good. She really did not understand why Chen Xili would bluntly cut her off, it was such a pity! After all, Diandi Media was not an entertainment company that she could easily get into.

If nothing else worked, she would wait until her seven months was up then try her luck with Chen Xili to ask if she would be willing to accept her.

Life is really full of joy and sadness. A moment ago, Shen Chuchu was happy for Vigorous Kitten's romantic romance and now she was sorrowful for the missed chance with Chen Xili. As for someone who rarely ventured out, this trip was very tiring. She decided that unless there was something special, she would never go out again!

When she returned home, Shen Chuchu first took a nap then looked at Vigorous Kitten's marriage system. Her heart felt at ease when she saw no differences from before and their marriage rating was still four stars.

In a few days, Shen Chuchu's Weibo follower count had risen to over twenty thousand. At least now she felt less hollow since almost half of her followers were truly for her.

While she dabbled in matchmaking and worked hard on her acting skills, she scarcely knew that someone was planning a scheme on her.

***

Mei Jia Entertainment

He deliberately wanted to replace Shen Chuchu with a favourite newcomer of his but the newcomer was rejected by the Han Group. The newcomer was then revealed as a mistress and was later completely ruined by the wife. These matters, regardless of which one, made Xinming unable to hold his head high in the company.

The atmosphere in Mei Jia Entertainment had always been, praise the people at the top and oppress the low. So when Xinming was out of luck, people did not hesitate to step on him.

Xinming found the situation very difficult to bear.

But he could do nothing. If he wanted to continue in the company then he must be patient and wait for an opportunity of change.