21

I AM A MATCHMAKER ON TAOBAO CHAPTER 21

The current Li Yutao and Zhao Xinran were not enough to be on the top search but the combination of the two, added with some scandalous news was definitely enough. Just like the saying goes, good things do not go out the door but bad things travel thousands of miles. As for the scandal, the heat that it spread was very quick.

“Simply wtf! How can Li Yutao do something like this, they had only been together for over a month? This is really bad for Zhao Xinran. [Curse]”

“I am very suspicious whether Zhao Xinran was aware or not. It would be really sad if she was not but if she did know then…that is very scary. [Hard Thinking]

“Carry away our Xinran, no need for an explanation from the player Li Yutao [Goodbye] #LiYuTaoPlayer#

“What did I say in the beginning, love will die a quick death if you show affection too quickly in the entertainment circle. But this is my first time witnessing it died this quick 23333333*”

*TL-note: It’s the emoji No. 233 on www.mop.com it means laughing out loudly while beating the ground/your thighs with your palms. 

Since it was charged, Li Yutao and Wan Shanshan’s phone did not stop for a second.

As the heat continued to climb little by little, Zhao Xinran’s management company stepped forward to refute the rumours. For this matter, even if it was a collaboration from both sides to promote in the media, they certainly could not admit it at this moment in time. The most logical way was to put one’s safety first before principle.

Although this negatively affected her image but it was better than Li Yutao’s outcome.

“I am asking everyone to stop abusing our Ranran as her current state of mind is crumbling. We all did not expect it would be like this. Please give her some time to let her recover. [Sad] [Protect]”

When such an official explanation came out, everyone naturally began to set fire to Li Yutao’s side.

On the third day, Zhao Xinran appeared before the public in a withered state with her puffy red eyes and slightly pale face. The journalists walked forward but before they were about to speak, her tears rolled down uncontrollably and she continuously shook her head to refuse the interview.

Naturally, this sort of appearance won a wave of sympathy.

Li Yutao was not so lucky, he did not earn any sympathies online. In contrast, he was cursed very badly. Not only by the people online but even his own management company had decided to freeze him away. Freezing* to an artist was the cruellest thing. 

*TL-note: To conceal in the entertainment industry means the company/manager will not have anything lined for the artist.

Some celebrities who were notorious for misdeeds would not admit to it no matter what. They continued to appear on the big screens and their company also bought different kinds of announcements. This way, everyone would gradually forget the celebrity’s past mistakes.  

But if they are frozen… In the entertainment industry where everything is replaced very quickly, it would be very difficult to start over again.

It went without saying that he had been frozen and Wan Shanshan too was fired from the company. The reason being, not only the internet had exposed Li Yutao’s dirt but a lot of people also exposed Wan Shanshan’s dirt. As a manager, she had bullied the celebrities under her or pressured them to go to parties they did not want to attend. 

In short, she had already become the image of a female pimp in everyone’s heart and shit online. Not only she was cursed by ordinary passers-by alike but Li Yutao’s fans also hated her to death. If the celebrity they liked were together with the beautiful Zhao Xinran then they would have accepted it with pleasure and wished them happiness.