8.

{.8. Arguments}

The week after the party Ally had been taken under the wing of James Potter

The week after the party Ally had been taken under the wing of James Potter. He hadn't liked the fact that Ally's friends had left her at the party to canoodle with girls without checking that she was alright first. Of course, Ally had been upset but she had pretended that she hadn't been yet some how James Potter could read her like a book and she didn't know how.

She was currently practicing her spell movements with him the courtyard and James was pleased with the progress she was making even if she hadn't realised how brilliantly she was coming along. She'd successfully completed the switching spell today and with a bit of encouragement, James was confident that she would be able to complete a few more spells successfully by the time the day was up.

Although, James didn't realise when he was making his plans to make progression with Ally's spells, she had promised to meet Reggie before dinner for potions tutoring as she was doing her best to avoid the general areas that Luke and Toby would be in. Even though she was understanding to why the boys left her at the party she wished that they had just told her or given her a heads up.

"What's the matter little star?" James had asked after a while as he noticed that she wasn't herself

"Nothing, what's this spell you're teaching me?" She asked diverting the subject

"Ally, stop for a second. You've been upset for days, tell me what's wrong?" He pleaded taking her hand in his

"I—"

"PRONGS!" Ally moved away quickly and smiled at Sirius, Remus and Lily

"Alright Padfoot?"

The group dived into conversation and Ally was confused at why Lily had been with them because she was almost sure that Lily Evans despised the marauders. Then again, she was always with Remus and maybe, Ally couldn't believe it, Lily must have fancied Remus? No, surely not but then why would she hang around with the marauders if she didn't like them. Ally had been told by James numerous times that Lily was not interested in him.

"Cece?" She looked up at Remus with a smile zoning back into the conversation

"Sorry what was that?" She asked

"We're going to the black lake are you coming?" Peter asked next to Remus, Ally hadn't even realised he was there at first

"No, I'm meeting Reggie after for revision before seeing James again later for some more. Merlin, I have so much to do I have to go," she stressed smiling at the boys