83.

{ .83. Ministry Order}

It was the day Ally had been dreading

It was the day Ally had been dreading. Not only had her interview come around sooner than she had ever wanted, but it had fallen on Remus' nineteenth birthday. It felt like her worst nightmare. During the morning she was preparing for her interview in Hogwarts with Perseus and Wolf. Professor Dumbledore had given them special permission as it was for the order. Ally hated the fact that everything to do with her was now because of 'the order' not because Professor Dumbledore actually cared about her development.

Ally just felt as if it was getting tedious, she didn't think anybody actually cared about what she wanted. The more she thought about what Toby had told her the more she just hated the thought of going to this interview. It was horrible as she remembered being absolutely devastated when the rejection letter came through, but she wanted to achieve this on her own. She didn't want to constantly try because Professor Dumbledore was telling her too, or her brothers were encouraging her.

She wanted to achieve things because of who she was. She was older now, she was eighteen, independent. She needed to act like it. She had her own house, a job, she was thriving and doing well for herself. Despite her mental struggles, she genuinely believed she was doing genuinely ok. She had realized that living in her house the past few weeks was probably more beneficial for her than ever before.

However, today had hit her hard. She had been doing fine, Wolf had said that Atlas had started going around the colonies and watching from afar. He hadn't seen Remus as of yet but he promised Ally that was a good thing because if people were talking about him, it meant that they were suspicious. She was glad that he was at least doing slightly well for himself in terms of survival.

She wished that he was home for his birthday, but after her interview she had planned to go and see Hope and Lyall. Hope had written to Ally telling her how much she was missing Remus and that she was feeling a lot more unwell in the recent days. Ally hated Dumbledore for sending Remus away when his mother was unwell.

It was cruel, it was unnecessary. He didn't have to send anybody to the Wolf colonies to risk their lives. He could have just been willing to gain intel in other ways, like Atlas was doing.

"Right Cece, the question is... what makes you think that you would be a good member of the Ministry?" Wolf asked reading from his sheet of paper

"I would be a good member of the Ministry as I am dedicated and committed. I am passionate about passing magical law and ensuring that everybody is represented fairly through the laws that are passed."

Wolf pulled a face, he knew that answers like that were not going to go well in a prejudiced ministry but he didn't care if Ally was going to get the job. The most important thing that all the family had wanted was for nobody to compromise themselves to fall into the pureblood stereotypes. They despised the thought of changing themselves to fall in line with the people like Orion and Walburga Black. Especially with the way that they treated Sirius and now treating poor Reggie. They were all extremely  sympathetic.