21.

{.21. Something there that wasn't there before}

Remus Lupin had never ever thought he would fancy someone

Remus Lupin had never ever thought he would fancy someone. Well, that's a lie he had fancied plenty of people, Sirius, Dorcas, the Muggle girl from his village but he never expected anything to come out of it. However as he saw Alcyone Montague hug her brothers before boarding the train on the first day back he couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked.

She had the ends of her hair curled and she was in a blue knitted jumper with a skirt and a pair of ankle boots. She also had a matching headband in her hair, she was laughing with her brother and her father.

Sirius nudged Remus and gave him a wink. Sirius had known for a while that there was something between the two, however Sirius knew that the two of them were so incredibly dense that neither of them would realise they actually liked each other in that way. Sirius had always thought there would be something there and after he had a conversation with Jackson Clarke — Sirius found out he was a seer — he had a very good feeling about Remus and Ally.

Remus looked out and saw Ally hug Toby and Luke in the platform and saw them walk onto the train. He looked at Sirius who was now grinning and threw a wink at him.

"I saw those looks Moony!" He said wagging a finger in his face

"There was no looks Sirius,"

"Oh don't be daft! A blind person—"

"Ok don't discriminate now Padfoot," James interjected

"There was no looks I was just observing Cece and her friends that's all," Remus dismissed

He didn't want his friends knowing about his new found interest in Ally because he knew that they'd tease him silly and he didn't really feel like it was appropriate. He could be good friends with a girl and that was that, the boys knew that Remus wanted to focus on his school work.

There was a knock on their compartment door and Toby, Luke and Ally were standing there.

"Got room for a few strays?" Toby asked

The marauders nodded and moved over, Toby and Luke took the side next to Remus and Peter so Ally squeezed in between James and Sirius. Remus noticed that she was wearing the necklace that the group had collectively bought for her and smiled to himself.

"Hey Pete, did you have a nice holiday? Went to America wasn't it?" Ally asked

She had been told by Sirius and James when she was at the Potter's that Peter had gone on holiday but Ally really couldn't remember where. She had known Remus was visiting them a few days after Christmas. Ally always liked Peter, he was quiet but he was incredibly sweet. He had always helped ally no matter what and she truly hoped that he thought of her like a friend too.