39.

{.39. Regulus}

Regulus had been confined to his room ever since his parents had made him take the mark

Regulus had been confined to his room ever since his parents had made him take the mark. He was terrified. He knew that now there was a ridiculous amount of pressure on him to perform and he didn't think he could do it. All he needed to do was protect the ones he loved.

Today was the day it was meant to be Estrella Montague's memorial lunch but Caspian had already told Regulus that nobody in his family would be going — not when the people that hurt Atlas and wanted to hurt Alcyone were going to be there.

Regulus thought that this was fair enough and he truly wanted to keep his one true love away from all this for as long as he could. Caspian was a respectable Auror in training. He couldn't bring caspian into this lifestyle no matter what. Caspian Montague was the light in Regulus Black's life and he needed to keep that completely separate because he didn't want anybody taking his light away.

"Regulus, come." He heard his mother call up the stairs

Walburga Black was the pureblood wife's dream, she was married to a respectable man and had a fancy town house in London. The only issue with Walburga Black was that she only had one child that would carry on the Pureblood name of the most Ancient Noble House of Black.

Even if Sirius married a pureblood, it would never be recognised as a true Black to her.

Regulus placed his book down on the desk and wiped his trousers and shirt before he walked down stairs — posture straight, chin up, look down your nose at everyone.

It was part of the mentality that he had grown up with and even now he still would always keep that phrase in his head. He didn't want to bring shame upon his family, he couldn't. Sirius had already brought shame upon the family, imagine if Regulus told Walburga and Orion that he was in a romantic relationship with Caspian?

The shame that would be placed upon the Black family would be unfathomable and it had taken Regulus a long time to realise that he wasn't shameful. He was allowed to be in love with Caspian, whether Walburga and Orion thought differently — Regulus Black was allowed to love.

He was allowed to be forgiving and allowed to forgive Sirius because Sirius went back for him, Sirius tried, but Regulus was too scared. He was a coward but he was still only fifteen at the time; he didn't know what was meant to happen if he would leave. There must have been some legal ruling within the ministry that meant Regulus would have had to go back to Grimmauld Place which is why he didn't leave, he didn't want the punishment.

Regulus arrived downstairs and sat down next to Narcissa who had the biggest ring placed on her finger and she was beaming as she stared lovingly at Lucius across the table. Regulus wanted to vomit at the eyes she was making and he looked around the room. Bellatrix and Rodolphus were there looking as if they despised each other, his auntie Druella and Uncle Cygnus were sat on the opposite ends of the table, Rabastan was there with a sheepish smile.