- 0.5

{.0.5. Fifth Year}

Alcyone Montague felt like she had very small positive qualities, while she was kind, caring, loyal and fair she didn't see those qualities within herself

Alcyone Montague felt like she had very small positive qualities, while she was kind, caring, loyal and fair she didn't see those qualities within herself. She especially didn't see herself having the qualities of leadership, which is why she was in absolute shock when she had a Hufflepuff prefect badge in with her Hogwarts letter this year.

"What's that Allycat?" Atlas asked when he saw her frowning at her letter

"Where's Perseus? I think there's been a mistake, this letter says I'm a prefect?" She panicked looking at Atlas

Atlas grinned at his younger sister and chuckled slightly before he took the letter from her hand reading it. Atlas smiled at his sister, he knew Perseus had been a prefect and so had Wolf but the other Montague siblings weren't prefect material. He wasn't even shocked that Alcyone was one, she was loyal and just to a fault which Atlas thought were extremely redeemable qualities.

"Cece this isn't a mistake sweetie, it means Professor Sprout acknowledges you're brilliant!" Atlas reassured

"But—"

"What are we talking about?" Perseus asked as he walked in

Oberon and Wolf were at work while Caspian was over Regulus'.

"Allycat has been made a Prefect but the silly thing thinks there has been a mistake," Atlas explained

"There was no mistake Cece. Professor Sprout could not have been more commendable about you," Perseus reassured kissing her cheek

"But— Ugh Perse! I'm different!" She sighed exasperatedly

"Darling we have told you numerous times, your differences are your strengths. Now let's have a nice dinner in Diagon Alley," Perseus said "my treat, come along now Atlas," he said heading towards the fireplace

***

Alcyone's first train journey this year was extremely different. She had to go to the prefect compartment with Toby — who thankfully was the prefect with her — then they had to patrol the corridors. Alcyone wasn't shocked to see who the other prefects were in her year, especially not when she saw Remus Lupin and Lily Evans. She thought that they were a given, especially because of how kind the two of them were.

Alcyone was to patrol with Toby every week and she couldn't say she was excited but she was looking forward to being a prefect, after some ( a lot ) of discussion with Perseus and even Wolf they decided that it was the best option for her as she did in fact have the roles of a prefect, despite not being very good at leadership and making decisive action as she liked knowing the full stories so she didn't ever upset anyone.