9.

{.9. Life}

Warning: mentions of death, illness, alcoholism

Remus Lupin felt awful. Ever since he had invited Alcyone Montague to the Gryffindor party he had felt extremely horrible about how rubbish the night had been, especially when he had heard that she had fallen out with our friends. It was quite the scandal around the school that Caspian Montague had almost punched Toby and Luke in the face for leaving his baby sister alone in the Gryffindor party. He was honestly surprised that Caspian Montague hadn't approached Himself to ask how idiotic he was for even inviting Ally to the party in the first place.

She had also become closer to James which allowed him to gain even further insight into how hurt Ally actually had become. It made him feel horrible that everything that had gone bad for her recently was essentially his fault. James had even reassured Remus that Ally had not blamed him and asked him to join them for their next revision session.

Remus Lupin didn't feel like it was very appropriate but he had asked Lily and they were going to have a group of four instead but Remus was then anxious that he wouldn't be wanted because Ally hadn't known he was going. So that's how he was sat in the library with Lily and James listening to them bicker waiting for Ally to walk in. So far she was eight minutes late.

Not that Remus was counting specifically because he wanted her to turn up but it was because he wanted to talk to her and apologise once more for causing her to fall out with her friends and he had actually felt nervous to see her. He thought that she had looked beautiful in the party and he actually thought the girl was quite endearing.

"Does anybody know what Alcyone is the weakest at with Transfiguration so we can review that with her first?" Lily asked pulling out her textbook and flicking through it

"All of it," James said seriously

Remus frowned because he had always known James to be extremely complimentary of Ally's spell work so he was wondering why he had said something like that about her. It was a few moments later when Ally walked into the library with bright red eyes, she walked straight over to the table with a smile on her face taking the seat next to Remus.

"Hi James, Lily, Remus," she said wiping her eyes with her sleeve "we doing transfiguration?" She asked reaching for a book

The trio looked at each other with confused glances, what would make Alcyone Montague cry? Remus wanted to ask but they all knew just not to ask her and if she was going to say what was wrong she would do it on her own terms. Lily looked from the book and mouthed to Remus ' what's with the eyes?' But all he could do was shrug, he hadn't seen Ally like that before.