72.

{.72. Alcyone's first day}

For ally's first day of her new job shadowing Perseus at Hogwarts, her friends had made a bit of a fuss for her

For ally's first day of her new job shadowing Perseus at Hogwarts, her friends had made a bit of a fuss for her. Toby and Luke had got some balloons and enchanted banners so that she could feel special. Atlas had been in contact with them to tell them about her breakdown over Monty and Mia but that it had more specifically related to their father. Everyone immediately felt like they needed to damage control as they had all known the girl never properly grieved for Arcturus Montague.

James and Sirius have both felt guilty as they hadn't realised that she had been so affected by everything and they thought they needed to do something nice for the girl. Especially because of how helpful she had been to Mia and Monty. Remus had even brought her some more flowers to congratulate her on her first day and to wish her good luck.

Ally didn't know that her friends were there so when she walked down the stairs fussing with her handbag, she jumped in fright when her friends shouted surprise. It frightened her so much that she slipped off her step and shot a spell at the mantlepiece where a picture of her and her brothers was placed. It went flying off as the mantlepiece shattered.

Remus quickly moved towards his girlfriend and helped her up from the ground. Luke snapped a picture on a disposable camera and Toby helped Atlas fix the mantlepiece as he felt somewhat responsible as he scared her. Ally was so happy to see Peter there too. She immediately ran to hug him tightly. She had missed Peter, she often felt that he didn't come because he had felt like a nuisance, but ally treasured peter and was glad he came for her today.

"Go on then, have a picture with your brothers before your first day of school!" Toby told her dramatically swatting her back to the staircase

Ally rolled her eyes before giving Frank and Alice — who had also turned up for Ally's first day like proud parents — a massive cuddle. Frank even straightened her collar out for her to make sure that she looked good for the pictures with her brothers.

Ally stood in the middle with Wolf and Oberon on one side and Atlas and Caspian on the other side. She was upset that Perseus couldn't be there but she knew that he was there in spirit. Toby counted down from three and snapped the picture. Ally beamed her biggest cheesy grin and smiled toward the camera.

"Beautiful babe," Toby smiled and she grinned widely hugging her best friend

"Shall we just run off and get married now?" She asked

"I thought you'd never ask!" He teased kissing her cheek

"Wow now, do Moony and I not exist?" Sirius asked in shock