19.

{.19. Obey}

Alcyone Montague had never been without her brothers or her dad at Christmas

Alcyone Montague had never been without her brothers or her dad at Christmas. Christmas 1976 was the first time she would be without them. She had been woken up by James quite early to run downstairs because he was excited. She knew she'd have no presents, it would be a miracle if Toby's owl had even found her here. She was just thankful she had sent Remus his present last night. She honestly didn't even think Christmas could be any worse.

She watched with a cup of tea as Sirius and James opened their presents and she smiled. She had wanted to floo back to her house to see her brothers or at least see if they were safe, hearing nothing from them was driving her insane especially because Caspian had said he'd come get her. She couldn't help but keep an eye on the window or hope that the fireplace would light up green and one of her brothers would saunter out of it.

"Alcyone, it's something small but Fleamont and I have a gift for you," Euphemia Potter said with a soft smile

"Oh, you really shouldn't have," she said with a small smile "thank you Mrs Potter," she said sincerely

Opening the present Ally smiled when she saw a framed picture of her parents in it. She looked up at Euphemia with a teary smile.

"Is this her?" She asked placing her fingers over her mother's face

Alcyone Montague had never seen a photo of her mother. Arcturus Montague hadn't left any around the house so she always imagined what she had looked like, but she looked almost exactly like Ally. She wiped the tears from her eyes and smiled as she stared at the moving picture of her parents dancing and looking so incredibly in love.

Arcturus Montague looked happy, she couldn't even think of a stronger word than happy because she felt so overwhelmed. She wrapped her arms tightly around Euphemia and cried softly into her shoulders. The past twenty-four hours had really caught up on her and the kindness she was met with after she had randomly turned up at the Potter's door was unmatched.

"Thank you so much Mr and Mrs Potter," ally sniffed

"That's alright Ally, that photograph was taken at a ball in Hogwarts during our last year. Everyone knew then that your parents would be married," Fleamont explained

Ally just smiled and she knew that she would cherish the picture deeply. James and Sirius cleared their throats after a few moments pulling Ally to sit with them. She was squeezed in between the two while Fleamont and Euphemia went to sort out the Christmas dinner.

Sirius moved to the side of the sofa and grabbed a box with a smile. She looked up at him and pulled a face, he chuckled and sat down next to her passing her the box. He looked at James and moved his head and James done the same back. Ally was very confused at what they were doing but she was guessing that they were communicating? She had no idea.