51.

{.51. Celebrating the Life of Arcturus Sol Montague}

Trigger: funerals and grief and mentions of sexuality and addiction

In loving memory of Arcturus Sol Montague

Doting father to Perseus, Oberon, Wolf, Atlas, Caspian and Alcyone.

Loving Husband to the late Estrella — May they be reunited in the afterlife and live an eternal life together.

'May he be in heaven a full thirty minutes before the devil knows he is dead'

May he greet death like an old friend.

***

The day of the funeral felt weird for Alcyone. If she was being honest she had been completely numb, Hope and Lyall Lupin sent her a letter sending their condolences and she was appreciative but by the time the funeral came around four days later she didn't want anybody to say the words 'I'm sorry' to her ever again. 

Toby and Luke has been invited to the funeral through a letter from Oberon and she was thankful for the boys presence. They hadn't done any of the 'how are you feeling' bullshit since they arrived, they asked how she was, gave her a hug and they'd been on distraction tactics ever since.

Ally was also really appreciative that Remus was so kind to her, she was almost certain that Remus being there for her had solidified how she felt about him. That she did indeed love Remus John Lupin but she didn't know whether it was the emotion of losing her dad or her actual feelings so she wasn't going to say anything until she was certain. She didn't want to confuse remus if he didn't feel like that back.

The news about Arcturus had spread like wildfire amongst the Pureblood community but Perseus had made sure it was going to be the family and a few select friends at the funeral.

Wolf had ensured that the Potter's and Regulus were allowed with the exception of Orion and Walburga as he knew Sirius would be there.

Alcyone was clinging onto Atlas' arm as they walked into the church in Godric's hollow, Caspian had picked this church himself because they knew that their mother had had her funeral service there too. It was also important because Mr Clark was willing to conduct a catholic service for Arcturus.

When they arrived at the funeral Caspian and Regulus walked in holding hands as Caspian cried into Regulus' shoulder. Regulus had held both ally and Caspian in his arms for hours the night before and even though their relationships and friendships weren't perfect right now they had both needed regulus. Atlas moved to sit with Oberon and Perseus leaving Ally to be with Luke and Toby on each side. As she turned to look at the back of the church she saw the marauders sat with Euphemia and Fleamont and they all gave her a strong supportive smile. Ally also saw Narcissa in the far back corner sitting by herself and Ally only assumed she was here to support the family because she wasn't all bad.