35.

{.35. Risk Taker}

Remus John Lupin had struggled at the last full moon, ever since he had ran into Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague his heart had been conflicted

Remus John Lupin had struggled at the last full moon, ever since he had ran into Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague his heart had been conflicted. Why was he not willing to give her a chance? He couldn't really come up with a solid answer because he only had positive things to say about the beautiful Hufflepuff girl.

He had known that she was understanding and accepting, he had known that she wanted to write literal laws to help people that were afflicted with lycanthropy like Remus but there he was so confused and conflicted about giving the Montague girl a chance.

It wasn't even about the fact she had burnt him, he hadnt been concerned about that because he had wanted to ensure she was okay. He was used to being hurt either way. But Remus was embarrassed by the way that he had acted towards Alcyone because of the effects of the moon and just by generally avoiding her afterwards. That's what Remus didn't like, Hope Lupin would have been terribly ashamed of him and his attitude and he would hate to disappoint his mother.

The marauders were now sat in their usual cabin on the train home for the summer. Peter was excited because he was visiting Australia this year, for two whole weeks! It was all he had been talking about in school and everyone could understand why he was happy.

James and Sirius had no plans but to play quidditch all summer, they'd invited Remus along but he hadn't been sure. He really wasn't good at quidditch and he liked keeping his feet on the ground because of his fear of heights, he didn't know why he hated them so much but he just would rather not risk falling to his death. The only other thing they had on their agenda was to attend Ally's birthday — they assumed they were invited because she had mentioned it before but if they were honest they weren't really sure.  The school year had broken up a week earlier this year which was weird but nobody complained about it.

Remus was welcoming the break, if he was invited to Ally's birthday along with James and Sirius it would have been two weeks before the full moon and he didn't know how that would affect him. However he had wanted to go because he valued Ally and her friendship even if he was being a bit awful to her right now. He wished that there was a way he could put things right and properly make some sort of amends with her.

"How come you spent the night with Ally, Padfoot?" James asked sparking Remus' attention back to the conversation.

"She caught me walking and I had fallen so I had hurt myself, but there was so much blood I had bloody terrified her I did. And well, you know what she's like,"

"Caring?" Peter replied

"Kind?"

"Thoughtful?"