41.

{.41. Tensions}

Trigger: slurs

Back to school was never fun

Back to school was never fun. Ally loved the routine but she constantly felt extremely overwhelmed with getting back into the routine after a while out of it. This year without Caspian and Regulus to speak to she also felt extremely on her own in the sense of family.

She wasn't dependent on her brothers or Regulus but she did like their company, it was something that made her happy and feel slightly safer at Hogwarts. Ally wasn't stupid she knew that the purebloods were literally just going to aim to recruit her. They'd laugh about her being a stale blood but they knew she was powerful and they wanted her. They needed her on their side and it was obvious but the only issue was that Ally was good.

She was currently sat in charms listening to Professor Flitwick discuss non-verbal charms as they were recapping. Ally wasn't any good at non-verbal charms but she excelled in wandless charms. She was skilled and Professor Flitwick always acknowledged this about her. He had in fact told Perseus he would love to train her to become a teacher so that he was able to share some of his NEWT classes in future but Perseus would always tell him that Ally wouldn't be interested.

"Miss Montague, would you like to showcase a non-verbal locking charm, wandless or with a wand," Professor Flitwick squeaked

Ally nodded and raised her hand, she thought of the spell in her head she swished her hand and heard the lock click so that it was shut. Sirius shot her a wink and Remus grinned over widely at her as he was incredibly proud of her progress.

He remembered how shy and timid she had always been and it was refreshing to see her come into her own with her abilities and how she was able to embrace it.  It was refreshing and it made everyone around her see that she was really excelling at what she was going and being different was really good.

She sat back down and picked up her quill to take notes of what was going on in Professor Flitwick's lecture as he continued taking and explaining the benefits of what they were doing. She sat across the classroom from Remus and noticed that he was looking over at her, she shot him a smile and a wink which caused him to blush before she focused back in her notes.

Remus on the other hand felt incredibly flustered, he didn't know why Ally winking at him had made it like that but it definitely didn't go unnoticed by Sirius who judged him before giving an eyebrow wiggle. Sirius had loved picking up on the dynamic between Ally and Remus, he thought it was fun to see Remus let loose a lot more and Ally began embracing her differences more and being confident.

Sirius thought they had a wonderful dynamic and could only hope that their self-deprecating wouldn't spoil whatever was going on between them. Sirius was really rooting for them and he's never admit it but he would always root for them, all he had to do was think of a ship name for them.