16.

{.16. Baby}

Trigger: slurs and talks of discrimination

Ally Montague despised Christmas, the reason for that — The Pureblood Ball

Ally Montague despised Christmas, the reason for that — The Pureblood Ball. The lead up to christmas was always what she imagined the muggle place Hell to feel like. She hated the event, the only part she actually liked was being able to dance with her brothers but she had a feeling this year would be different.

Perseus has to stay on at Hogwarts, he couldn't leave for the Christmas holidays this year as there were more children than normal staying, meaning there had to be more staff, Oberon was more than likely going to be busy with the Auror department. Caspian had said he'd received an Owl from Oberon saying that dark wizards were on the rise and they were getting more tip offs each day, he said to not listen to the stuff people said in the castle but she couldn't help but not be worried. So she found herself not looking forward to it even more because she had a feeling that Dark Wizards were synonymous with Purebloods. 

The one thing Ally loved about her brothers was that they had never forced the pureblood ideology onto her. They had always encouraged her to be open minded, they had wanted to break the cycle of their family being prejudiced and with Arcturus and Estrella having that many children, it was probably a good way to ensure blood prejudice didn't carry through.

Ally had never believed in blood prejudice or any forms of discrimination. She could never imagine having so much hatred towards someone for something that they just couldn't control? She thought it was an awful mentality to have and she didn't like it at all. It's why she often told Regulus off when he was derogatory about others, she knew that it had been engrained in him since he was a child but they could change the pattern.

Talking of changing the pattern, Perseus Montague had summoned Ally and Caspian to his office the early hours of the morning to deliver some 'news'. Wolf had only gone and gotten the healer — the one that was caring for their father — pregnant! Wolf Montague was to be a dad!

Both Caspian, Ally and Perseus had extremely different reactions. Perseus was conflicted about Wolf becoming a father as he'd never expressed interest in becoming a father before, Caspian thought it was cool and that he knew he'd be the favourite uncle and Ally was concerned because she didn't want Wolf to get taken advantage of. Despite this though, she couldn't believe that she was going to be an Auntie and she really couldn't wait until the baby was born so she could dress it in cute little outfits and she couldn't wait until her prefect duty to tell Remus.

She didn't really know why her first thought was to tell Remus, maybe it was because of their blossoming friendship or maybe it was just because she liked talking to him and their conversations made her always feel interested. They would have intellectual conversations as well as silly ones which allowed Remus to quite often teach her tips and tricks of wand magic without her realising. She would also teach Remus lots of new things, like the fact that she was a business woman, like she had mentioned previously, or that he found out she had done ballet and she was actually quite brilliant in it, but she had stopped to come to Hogwarts.