69.

{.69. London Town}

Trigger warning: alcohol

Ally, Luke and Toby had about enough of the order missions

Ally, Luke and Toby had about enough of the order missions. They had been on three since Ally's birthday and it was safe to say that she was fed up — she barely had time to eat proper dinners because there was always something and she didn't think at eighteen she should feel like this. She hadn't been on all three but she and Frank had been told to practice their dualling so they could learn each other's styles. It was a smart idea but Ally was tired.

Ally was getting ready for a night out with Toby and Luke when James stumbled through her bedroom fireplace. His eyes were red and he had a bottle of fire whisky in his hand.

"Jamie?"

"Lils...lils won't marry me," he hiccuped

"You proposed?" Ally asked her eyes widening

James just nodded. Ally hadn't even known James had planned to propose to Lily, she had always thought that he would want to get married young but bloody hell, they'd not been out of Hogwarts long! She sat down next to him on the bed when he burst into tears, ally wrapped an arm around him and rubbed his back. He put his head onto her shoulder and sobbed.

"Mum and dad are sick," he sobbed "they have dragon pox,"

Ally's heart sunk and she could feel her eyes fill up, she couldn't imagine how hard that must have been for James. Knowing that his parents were ill and there being nothing he could do about it. Ally wrapped her arms around James as he sobbed into her shoulders. He stopped and went to take a sip of the fire whisky but Ally took it from his hands and took a swig from it herself.

"Do you think drinking is going to help?" She asked to which James shook his head "did you ask Lils to marry you so that your parents could be there?" She asked

James nodded and Ally sighed. She understood that James genuinely wanted to marry Lily but it must have been difficult for her to have understood that when she had known that his parents were ill and it would come out of the blue. She rubbed his back and conjured a glass of water for him, she handed it over and he took a big sip before removing his glasses and wiping his eyes.

He looked her up and down then creased his forehead.

"You're dressed nice, why are you dressed so nice?" He asked

"I'm going to Muggle London clubbing with Toby and Lukey but I can cancel if you need me," she told him

James shook his head and wiped his eyes. He didn't want to spoil Ally's night. He realised this was the first time since the incident with Barty Crouch that she was wearing a strapless top and she looked as if she was confident with her scars. He didn't want to hinder that progress for her.