67.

{.67. Newts and Phoenix}

"Okay, who wants to go first?" Toby asked distributing the letters to each of the group with eagerness and anticipation

It was the morning of NEWT results and the trio were sat in Ally's kitchen with cups of Irish hot chocolates staring at their letters. They were all terrified the night before and barely slept, hence the need for the Irish hot chocolates for a bit of a kick to wake them up.

"You know what? I will," Luke said uncertain but tore his envelope open either way — he was going to Muggle university but he hated not excelling.

Ally and Toby both held each other's hand under the table while Luke read the page with burrowed eyebrows and his lip between his teeth. It was a tense minute and Ally's heart was pounding in her chest before she saw that he began to chuckl and grin from ear to ear.

"I've had outstanding in everything," he breathed

Both ally and Toby let out a scream of glee simultaneously and hugged the boy tightly. Perseus popped his head through from where he was sat with Oberon, Atlas and Caspian and smiled when he saw the reaction about Luke — Perseus had always known Luke Hector was incredibly bright and would excel, he had faith in him since his first ever arithmancy lesson.

"I'm so proud of you!" Ally cheered squeezing the boy tightly again

Toby decided to go next and he opened his letter, he smiled straight away and raised his arms in excitement.

"I've had three outstandings then everything else exceeds except a troll in the history of magic," Toby beamed

Ally and Luke squealed with excitement for Toby too and hugged him incredibly tight. They were proud of each other, celebrating their achievements felt crucial to the group so seeing each other succeed was heartwarming. They needed and wanted to celebrate all their successes together, it was vital.

Ally looked at her letter and frowned. Her hands were sweaty and she could feel her mouth begin to go dry. She grabbed the letter and stared at it again for a further moment before she looked up and saw her brothers standing in the living room pretending they were having a conversation.

She huffed and opened the letter pulling it out of the envelope.

Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test Results

Pass Grades
Outstanding - O
Exceeds Expectations - E
Acceptable - A